• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New X Metal XX To Go With My Old

hahaha

Oakley Beginner
For about 10 years Ive had my 24k
Love them
always loved ice lenses
but they would look horrible in the 24k
so I got these new bad boys
just waiting on infinite hero to cut me some ice polarized lenses;)

I do have a question tho...
around the one nose piece in my pic
there are a few divots like it was not polished properly from the manufacture
is this normal?

2gx1fts.jpg
23hxb84.jpg

Attachments

• fa06yd.jpg
    fa06yd.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 266
Last edited by a moderator:
Those marks look like the standard "pitting" that early model metals had. It was a result of the casting technique used in the beginning and as Oakley perfected it the marks became fewer and fewer. Most people tend to view them as character marks rather than imperfections. Just know that there is nothing wrong with your pair, and they aren't any weaker or anything from them.

If they really bother you @THE X-MAN may be able to refinish them for you. I don't think a refinish would completely hide them but it may soften their appearance enough that it isn't as noticeable. Of course if I'm wrong on this point I would hope the man himself would correct me.

Nice pair!

oh ok
I didn't know that
good to know
they dont really bother me since you can't see them
thanks guys

Those marks look like the standard "pitting" that early model metals had. It was a result of the casting technique used in the beginning and as Oakley perfected it the marks became fewer and fewer. Most people tend to view them as character marks rather than imperfections. Just know that there is nothing wrong with your pair, and they aren't any weaker or anything from them.

If they really bother you @THE X-MAN may be able to refinish them for you. I don't think a refinish would completely hide them but it may soften their appearance enough that it isn't as noticeable. Of course if I'm wrong on this point I would hope the man himself would correct me.

Nice pair!
Agreed.......

Love the imperfections! I have an early Juliet with many flaws from the inside of the frame to the outside of the orbitals. It's a beauty!

just remembered this thread, check these orbitals out:

tu8ybe3a.jpg

they practically have teeth!

Nice man, I love the casting marks personally. I had an r1 titanium that you could see all kinds of markings on and I thought it was the coolest thing. Same goes for most all of my xx . The ice will look great in the x metal frame.