1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rare_Earth

Rare_Earth Oakley Beginner

Hi All,

..began collecting around '95 somewhat inadvertently- bought a pair of T-wires because I liked the notion of the titanium, their strength, permanence and "timelessness"- they'll remain unaffected by corrosion, being knocked around etc., I also bought a "wire vault" for them to live in,...

My second addition happened when I thought I had lost them, and I purchased my "first" x-metal frame- still titanium, an alloy of same. It was/is a pair of plasma iridium juliets with the emerald lenses. They're currently disassembled in a container, pending their delivery to Oakley Australia and the kind and helpful folk there :). These were purchased in 2004.

Just recently, I was in a part of Queensland, and I wandered into the Oakley outlet there- and walked out, after some bargaining with a fantastic new pair of juliettes,..with apparently a microscopic scratch- that resulted in a huge discount, and me still being unable to see it, but just as happy with them as if they were perfect. Carbon frames, with Black Iridiums. I *may* have also purchased almost all the juliettes I could lay my hands on, in their new boxes,..and may consider moving them on for something under $450.00 :p

At this point, things went a "little" ballistic, with my purchases just recently being 2 sets of R1's ( frame numbers including one under 7000, and "äs new") , a pair of X squareds, another set of almost perfect T-wires from O/s, and some wire vaults :),...

I also must admit to seeing Oakley bargains, snapping them up, and pimping the little sods out on Ebay, to fund my, "X-metal" habit.

I'm such an Oakley s l u t,...that I've voluntarily handed over a credit card to my more sensible half,...and at any rate, I'm here for the chance to meet similarly motivated people, do some trading, and satisfy my X-metal lust,...

I'm going to start some customising of arms and frames, with a spare pair of R1 frames, and some sexy looking X-squared arms,...that "Ö"in the middle might look damn sexy on an R1 frame,....

Gottsa ta get my T6 :)

Last edited by a moderator: 8/15/13
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

Welcome to the forum bro! just be patient, read the rules and more deals will come your way!:)

4. emjaycee23

emjaycee23 Vocare Ad Regnum

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

7. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum. From the sounds of it you wil fit right in here.

8. Rare_Earth

Rare_Earth Oakley Beginner

Thank you gentlemen!

I've been stumbling around the forum, trying to find any mention of the practice ( if there is one) of swapping out arms on different models, say hammer-stem for straight, x-squared arms for hammer-stem etc.,

Directions would be appreciated- and yes, I have used the search engine, but obviously not correctly :/

9. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

There is a DIY/modding discussion section that is where that would be.

10. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum!