• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie. 2 new watches and first issue

Moroney167

Oakley Beginner
Hey all, been very long time of growi up wanting an Oakley watch. Many many years later I dove for it since they went 40% at local vault. Went for a titanium hollow point in white, and a all black gearbox. Beyond excited. The Gearbox was pure inpulse because it was a Demo watch, along with 40%. Picked up for $200. I figure a score with case and all.

HOWEVER!

Second day of wearing my gearbox. I took off to do some dirty work playing it safe. Went to put in few hours later and noticed a screw was missing that holds on the buckle/clasp! PISSED. Now I understand. It was a demo, it was clearly stated no warranty and I figure it's quality what can go wrong. But something so dumb I can't even wear it now! No joke day 2 of wearing.

I checked with store I bought at. Didn't have a spare screw. Called about 5 Oakley stores within 100 miles and no luck. This is terrible I have to send them this watch and wait close to 3 or more weeks just to get back to finally enjoy. Life goes on and again I'm aware I got the demo or helm whatever it is but. Hoping SOMEHOW someone around here has spare parts? Can point me in direction to find what I need? Sell me something or anyone has an old spare strap! It's the black unobtanium strap.

Thanks in advance.
Jim

Welcome to the forum and sorry for your issue.
I would suggest sending it in to Oakley. Last time I sent mine if for a service, they covered my shipping both ways.
While it does not make up for a missing screw, it is piece of mind that they can check it over to make sure everything is operating in spec. Meanwhile, you have your other nice watch to wear while it is being repaired.

nice watches you picked up

I had to send mine in also. For $24 I got a screw, battery swap and a watch vault. Took no time

Latest Posts

Back