• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie and I have question about my Holbrook

thejerryong

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I'm new here and I just recently purchased an Oakley Holbrook Ice Iridium Polarized from Ebay.ph. Everything in the package looks legit, box, manuals and pouch.

I have a question though regarding my Holbrook, since I found a very little dot/dent on the right lens. I called up the seller and she said that it's normal for Iridiums to have a dot/dent on the lens. It's barely noticeable and it doesn't affect it's vision, but I'm being so OC about it. The dot/dent can only be seen on some angles when looking at the lens, and you can't feel it with your nail, just like a normal scratch would feel. I tried to take pictures of it but it just won't show up on my camera. I also called some authorized stores, and others say it's normal, others don't. So I'm kind of confused if it is normal or not. I might just have to bring it to a store anytime soon.

Also, I got my Holbrook for $196. So I'm guessing it's 100% original. And just found out here on the forum that the new ones no longer have the MADE IN USA label on the frame.

Thanks guys!

I'll try to take pictures of it. So it is normal but Im being so OC about it. Should I have it replaced? It doesnt affect the vision of the lenses though.

The seller also told me all their Oakleys have it too.

Thanks again

Here's an update. I just went to an Oakley store earlier and had it checked. The salesperson said that it's a bubble. And I have nothing to worry about. I then contacted the seller from Ebay and she still insists that its not a bubble, but a dent which is normal on Iridium lenses.

Here are some shots I took with my phone. You won't see it on the first picture, but only on the second. I'm being all OC about it. Should I worry about this or just leave it just like that. Eventually the lenses will have scratches in time anyway.

RHAxMI.jpg

DawM1F.jpg

Thanks!

Back