• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie From Michigan

Hi all, found this forum while looking for information on spotting fake Oakleys.

I've had several pairs of Blades and Razor Blades thru the 80's and 90's. Loved them.
Time took its toll on them resulting in cracked ear pieces and frames.

I then grabbed a pair of Mumbo's back in the early '90 and loved the fit and feel. Unfortunately they met a sad demise under the rear wheel of my truck back in 1996. Still hurts to talk about it.....

I hit a flea market later that day. I know, I know, but I was out of town and low on funds.
I originally just wanted something to cover my eyes and while browsing the assortment, I saw what appeared to be a set of Blades. I had a feeling they weren't real, and the price was very telling of the authenticity. But desperate times called for desperate measures....

They lasted about as long as it took to recoup the $10 price. LOL

Fast forward to now...
After several pairs of regular ol sunglasses I now want to get back to rocking Oakleys.
I'm not overly hyped on the M2's look, and really want a set of M Frames. I've seen several pairs on Ebay, but want to be sure I'm getting what I pay for.

So, here I am.

Welcome to the forum.

When you find what you want on eBay you can ask here if they are legit and worth it.

Or

You can meet the exchange requirements here and then post a WTB for what you want. :)

Welcome midrange. @OakleyFrankFMJ beat me to to the punch.

This forum is a great place to purchase any model Oakley once you have access to the Exchange section.

I don't think I've seen a "fake" guide for the model you are looking at but as Frank said you can post a link and let some of our knowledgeable experts give you their thoughts.

Welcome, from the north Detroit area!

I'm in the middle of moving right now, but if you're on this side of the state I should be able to help.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Rustpot, I'm in the Port Huron area, about an hour north of Detroit. If you look at the 'mitten', we are the knuckle of the thumb, right where the Lake Huron turns into the St Clair river.

Back