• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie Question

MILE

Oakley Beginner
So I've been wearing Ray Bans as long as I can think back but always wanted to check out some Oakleys as well and after having broken another pair of cheapo sports glasses my gf got me my first pair of Oakleys: Pit Bull Matte Black l Black Iridium Polarized -- love 'em…! :dance2:

oakley-pit-bull_matte-black-black-iridiumpolarized-oo9127-16_800_600_z1.jpg

But…there's one little flaw that bugs me: one of the temple arms is not as tight as it should be, it's kind of waggly…! Not much, but enough to annoy me every time I fold them open…! Left side is perfectly tight, right side wiggles and waggles a bit…

Also it's not a problem at all once I put them on, they sit perfectly tight…! And yet it bugs me -- I mean, those things cost 190 Euros (around 250 US$) so there shouldn't be any wiggly-waggly business going on, right…?!

Question to the other Pit Bull owners on here: is that a normal thing though…?! Should I be worried…? Should I try to get them fixed or replaced…? Or is there something I could do myself to fix them…?

BTW I noticed that there's a little hole on each side below the temple arms so I thought there might be s screw I could tighten, but it seems like there isn't one there!? Not sure what the hole is for but it doesn't seem to hold a screw…

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany…!

- MILE

They are not screwed on. They are plastic nubs that hold the arms to the orbitals. And your glasses are fine. They are made of plastic, and nothing made of plastic is ever going to be perfectly tight, symmetrical or exact. What is perfect is the optics of your new Oakley lenses, so enjoy them and dont worry. Welcome to the forum!

They are not screwed on. They are plastic nubs that hold the arms to the orbitals. And your glasses are fine. They are made of plastic, and nothing made of plastic is ever going to be perfectly tight, symmetrical or exact. What is perfect is the optics of your new Oakley lenses, so enjoy them and dont worry. Welcome to the forum!
correcto mundo ^^^ guy. welcome to the forum, and very nice first oaks, screw the raybans, they belong in the trash. and this is based on first hand experience. have vice-like headaches when i wore (past tense) my wife's gift to me. never used them again.

I suggest bringing it back for a replacement. My pit bull stems have a little play but it is really minimal. If one side is properly fitted and the other is obviously flawed, then it shouldn't be a problem changing them.

I have the same issue on my pair of straight stem radars, but there is nothing wrong with them. When I got my split jackets they were really tight and popped into place when I opened but now after some use they are loose and don't pop but still feel solid. There is nothing to worry about.

Thanks all for the warm welcome and the helpful advice…! :)

I guess I'll try to be less OCD about it for a few days and see how this works out for me -- and if it still bugs me I might at least try and talk to the vendor about getting a replacement…

But other than that -- as I said before -- I really enjoy them a lot…! The lenses are awesome (even better than expected), they fit great and are a joy to wear…

Next thing to do is to decide which Oakleys to buy next…!? ;) I'd like to get a pair with a metal frame which I can wear to a more professional outfit like a sports jacket or a suit, so right now I am thinking about either the Deviaton or the Plaintiff Squared -- any advice here…?

Oh and one more thing, just out of curiosity: does anyone know what the little holes on the bottom of the frame are for, since there are no screws anywhere on there…? Or maybe that's just part of the production process or something…

- MILE

Back