1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 18pcs

18pcs Oakley Beginner

Hello everyone. I was introduced to Oakleys by a very enthu saleman who convinced me to go in for Oakleys rather than Raybans.
    The two pairs he showed me were as follows

Half Jacket XLJ with Hi Intensity Yellow Iridium Polarized lenses (He insisted the new yellow Iridium were Polarized though I could not find this info on the website ) - For night driving and driving in Europe when the roads were wet . he also said the Yellow iridium could also be worn in very bright conditions also as they were polarized.

Flak Jacket XLJ Transitions for General wear.

My question is could I wear the Halfjackets with Yellow Iridium lenses in very bright sunny conditions like Dubai ?

Do the transitions darken enought to be able to wear in very sunny conditions ? All advice highly appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hmmmmm,.... Pick the frame you like the most with the transitions lenses (since they are not offered separate) then buy the H.I. yellow for that frame. I personally wouldn't use HI yellow as a daily lens in sunny conditions. I am not a big fan of transitions, they are not dark enough for me..... As far as I know, HI yellow lenses were not offered in a polarized version......Persimmon is also a nice night driving lens option also

3. 18pcs

18pcs Oakley Beginner

Thank you for your reply. The Flakjacket XLJ frame fits a bit tight, do you think it will get loose and comfortable after a few days of wearing. The Halfjacket with the Yellow lenses fit very well. There is a pair of HalfJacket XLJ with Black Iridium lenses also being offered very cheap, maybe get these for the DUbai sun ?

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Black iridium is an all around excellent lens for sunlight.

This should help you with tint selection...Oakley Sunglass Lens Tint | Oakley.com

Whether you get the half jacket or flak jacket, you have many lens options for them....They are an all around excellent frame as a first choice.

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Go for the Half Jacket if that fits you well from the start. The Flak won't loosen up that much over time. I know because i have both and wear both regularly.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah go the half jackets, then buy the lenses for it. the lens swap is quick and easy, and make sure you get a case that holds spare lenses

7. 18pcs

18pcs Oakley Beginner

Well I went back to the store and checked all the frames avlbl and bought a Flak Jacket XLJ Grey Smoke with Clear Black Iridium Transition lenses.
    Lets see how they work out. Can always buy spare lenses for this frame if needed.