• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newcomer Needs Assistance

David_Oakley

I should Work at Oakley
Houston, TX
Hi All,

I recently just purchased my first pair of used Juliets and got them Serviced. It still has a bit of "wiggle" in the bridge piece area but pretty snug in general. Is this normal? Should I send it back to have them reinforce the service that I already paid for?

Also, how would I gain privileges to post/reply in the Exchange forums? I am interested in buying some Oakleys for sale there but I have no way of replying to posts.

Thanks!

The forum rules will explain the exchange section. There will always be a degree of wiggle with x metals because of the rubber bridge inserts. This is normal, unless they are loose to the point of hangingon the rivets. Welcome to the forum!

The forum rules will explain the exchange section. There will always be a degree of wiggle with x metals because of the rubber bridge inserts. This is normal, unless they are loose to the point of hangingon the rivets. Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, but a couple of people I work with, i've tried on their juliets and they are Stiff. I can tell mine (even after the tune-up) are not quite as stiff as theirs. It's not a huge difference by any means, but I notice it. I'm just wondering why Oakley is not able to replicate the stiffness like a brand new Juliet?

Both my Juliets and XXs are slightly loose even after the tune up. I've always thought there's supposed to be a slight give in them or they'd be uncomfortable.

That is why I like X-Man's job of tightening the nose bridge. I sent my R2 to him for refinishing and tune-up and his work is simply par exellence, much better than Oakley's tune-up service. Here's a link where you can read more about his work and testimonials from other forum members: http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/the-x-man-customs-corner.14085/

I like my X-metal nose bridge really "stiff" so that they last way longer before needing any service, if ever.

Welcome to the club!

Back