• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Next 3D Offering....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
Batwolf said:
There wouldn't be Jade in it if it was 3D.

Or could there be? I don't see why an iridium coating would effect the 3D capabilities... It would need to be a light mirror, so they lenses don't get too dark, but they could do it I bet. And I totally agree that they need to stop making 3D Gascans..Holbrook would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Or could there be? I don't see why an iridium coating would effect the 3D capabilities... It would need to be a light mirror, so they lenses don't get too dark, but they could do it I bet. And I totally agree that they need to stop making 3D Gascans..Holbrook would be amazing!

something like Titanium Clear would be sick.

There should be a VERY limited edition polished white Holbrook with 3D lenses, one with a ruby iridium coating, the other with ice. Homage to old school 3D glasses, in a newer, updated design with updated technology, and I should get one for free for thinking it :)

Both the TF and Tin Tin 3D glasses ended up being sold at discount outlet stores which, to me, means they're weren't that popular. If they're not popular why would Oakley want to do another one?

I also think the fad for 3D movies has waned and is going to continue to wane. Even Avengers wasn't actually shot in 3D, it was a post production conversion, which basically means the director didn't really intend for it to be 3D and the studio wanted it instead as a 'gimmick' (not that it needed it).

I'm also not aware of any upcoming 'tent pole' movie that is in 3D. Avatar 2 is years away and there is nothing concrete about a Hulk movie even being in pre-production.

Both the TF and Tin Tin 3D glasses ended up being sold at discount outlet stores which, to me, means they're weren't that popular. If they're not popular why would Oakley want to do another one?

I also think the fad for 3D movies has waned and is going to continue to wane. Even Avenges wasn't actually shot in 3D, it was a post production conversion, which basically means the director didn't really intend for it to be 3D and the studio wanted it instead as a 'gimmick' (not that it needed it).

I also not aware of any upcoming 'tent pole' movie that is in 3D. Avatar 2 is years away and there is nothing concrete about a Hulk movie even being in pre-production.
i personally think 3D movies as just a fad like you said. 3D tv's aren't even practical since there are only a few 3D channels to watch right now, like ESPN.
I just think 3D go way over promoted, it's nothing new...

wasn't there supposed to be some sort of clear polarized lens to?

I don't even watch tv anymore...

Considering their original MSRP I can't blame people for not buying them. I doubt they had trouble moving them for $75.

Back