• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Next Frame With Interchangeable Icons?

Kaduku

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone in the inside knows if Oakley is planning to make more frames with interchangeable icons, the Dispatch is too big for me and I dont like the fit of the Batwolf.

Well unless they redesign existing frames this would be limited to new designs or "2.0" redesigns. On the one hand I can see the company doing it because at $12 for icons that probably cost a couple bucks to make and people likely buying multiples of some for at home customs, its a cash cow...BUT...the drawback to that is some (including myself) will limit their collection to a couple frames and just mix and match because we won't have the issue present on other frames where a customized icon only matches one lens and we need multiple frames etc. With the runaway success of the Batwolf and its icons however, I can't help but to think we'll see more of this down the road.

Now all that needs to happen is eBay sellers need to stop selling icons for DOUBLE their retail price. $12 is already a little out there, $24 is pure insanity.

Back