1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Kaduku

Kaduku Oakley Beginner

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone in the inside knows if Oakley is planning to make more frames with interchangeable icons, the Dispatch is too big for me and I dont like the fit of the Batwolf.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Well unless they redesign existing frames this would be limited to new designs or "2.0" redesigns. On the one hand I can see the company doing it because at $12 for icons that probably cost a couple bucks to make and people likely buying multiples of some for at home customs, its a cash cow...BUT...the drawback to that is some (including myself) will limit their collection to a couple frames and just mix and match because we won't have the issue present on other frames where a customized icon only matches one lens and we need multiple frames etc. With the runaway success of the Batwolf and its icons however, I can't help but to think we'll see more of this down the road.

Now all that needs to happen is eBay sellers need to stop selling icons for DOUBLE their retail price. $12 is already a little out there, $24 is pure insanity.
  3. Unknowndoom

Unknowndoom Oakley Beginner

couple bucks? ha the mold probably cost 15 grand to start, maybe have 4 of them so 60 grand start up, and then tenths of cents for the plastic, in the end they are probably paying maybe 75 cents per, and that price goes down fast as they make more icons