• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

NHRA 4Wide Nationals @ ZMax Dragway

Words cannot describe the overload of all senses at an NHRA event. Everyone should go at least once in their life to experience it. I will be heading down to Atlanta Dragway in May for a little more. Great picture of the green light launch by the way.

Words cannot describe the overload of all senses at an NHRA event. Everyone should go at least once in their life to experience it. I will be heading down to Atlanta Dragway in May for a little more. Great picture of the green light launch by the way.
Everyone should go at least once even though it isn't for everyone.

I remember a friend of mine and his wife where she didn't care about it at all. I brought them down to the starting line so they were both around 30-40 feet behind a Top Fuel dragster as it launched for its run.
She turns around to my GF and goes "did YOU feeeeeeeeel thaaaaaat?!?!?" With the BIGGEST smile on her face. Obviously girls like it for different reasons than we do I've determined after that moment. :D

Needless to say his wife who never cared about drag racing kept asking when is the next event and where.

@OakleyFrankFMJ Yeah, I was never a fan until my first NHRA race last year. Been hooked ever since. I really enjoy watching them and can appreciate everything that goes into it now that i've been in person. This time was even better since I had an understanding of the format and classes. I was able to go to the driver areas and watch them work on the cars and meet a few of the drivers. They are all really cool people! I met Beckman, Capps, and Courtney Force. I have to say, Beckman was by far the coolest! Especially since he's affiliated with Infinite hero now! BTW, I liked his IH shades!

5A35A4B8-479D-4587-A496-3BBAD73344E2_zpsffxp6yuf.jpg

84cb11bd-6600-4039-8b5a-0e0884513243_zps1201f262.jpg

@OakleyFrankFMJ Yeah, I was never a fan until my first NHRA race last year. Been hooked ever since. I really enjoy watching them and can appreciate everything that goes into it now that i've been in person. This time was even better since I had an understanding of the format and classes. I was able to go to the driver areas and watch them work on the cars and meet a few of the drivers. They are all really cool people! I met Beckman, Capps, and Courtney Force. I have to say, Beckman was by far the coolest! Especially since he's affiliated with Infinite hero now! BTW, I liked his IH shades!

5A35A4B8-479D-4587-A496-3BBAD73344E2_zpsffxp6yuf.jpg

84cb11bd-6600-4039-8b5a-0e0884513243_zps1201f262.jpg
You gotta love the access you have to the pit areas and the drivers. Unlike any other sport and why do others get more coverage I'll never understand.
They will have the Infinite Hero car for I think the next 4 races....then back to their normal car.

I took my boys to the back side of the track for the 1st round of eliminations and then watched mid track. Also got a pic of my boys with with Antron Brown, one of my favs. Followed him back in his motorcycle days.
20140413_140234.jpg
20140413_135104.jpg
20140413_132437.jpg
20140413_141904.jpg
Very few sports in the world you get the access to the pits, drivers and watching the art of rebuilds between rounds. Had to let my boys experience the burn of nitro on startup in the pits after a rebuild. The burn is worth the feel of the horsepower.

I took my boys to the back side of the track for the 1st round of eliminations and then watched mid track. Also got a pic of my boys with with Antron Brown, one of my favs. Followed him back in his motorcycle days.
20140413_140234.jpg
20140413_135104.jpg
20140413_132437.jpg
20140413_141904.jpg
Very few sports in the world you get the access to the pits, drivers and watching the art of rebuilds between rounds. Had to let my boys experience the burn of nitro on startup in the pits after a rebuild. The burn is worth the feel of the horsepower.
Kinda funny when I look at your pics and I'm looking for myself somewhere in the background.

That is great that the kids hopefully loved it. .....was it their first time?

1st NHRA event. They come with me when I bracket race and we go watch friends at smaller events. They were not prepared for what they experienced at the big show. They are ready for more! Were you back that way earlier in the day?

1st NHRA event. They come with me when I bracket race and we go watch friends at smaller events. They were not prepared for what they experienced at the big show. They are ready for more! Were you back that way earlier in the day?
I was either in the Oakley trailer when the Fuel cars were not running or hanging out at the Schumacher tents or over by Traxxas playing with toys. When the Fuel cars were running I was either behind the starting line somewhere or up in the building. Just depends on the time.

Latest Posts

Back