1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Scored these the other night, not a steal but I got a REALLY good deal on them. Never worn, in perfect condition. Even the box looks new. Can anyone tell me what generation? There is no serial number.

NIB X-metal/ruby - 2012-06-07191946.jpg

NIB X-metal/ruby - 2012-06-07192036.jpg

NIB X-metal/ruby - 2012-06-07192100.jpg

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Fun's Way

Fun's Way Oakley Beginner

Very nice pick up!!!
    If it doesn't have a serial number and it comes with the old style package that probably means it's 3rd Generation.

The initial run has an "X******" serial number;
    The 2nd Gen has an "J******" serial number;
    To tell U the true, The ruby lens on this one is pretty good!
    U must have the "Lucky batch", 'cause most of the 3rd Gen JULIET X-Metal/Ruby looks like "X-Metal/Fire"
    As long as the ruby iridium lens on your juliet is RED, it really doesn't matter what generation it is!

3. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

These look really good Hearno... My XX's from the same guy are being delivered today.. I will post pics when I get them tonight after I get home.

That is a really good looking Ruby lense too, very deep which is rare for any of the ruby batches!

4. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

Thanks malv but those haven't showed up yet. Fedex tried yesterday but I wasn't home. Hopefully those will be just as nice.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Good score. I consider this a gen4 - Xserials being the initial run, J123456 being Gen1, J123456A being gen2, J123456B being gen 3 and the unmarked pairs being gen 4. gen 5 then had the frame size markings (current/last gen)

my first pair of xmetals ever was exactly like this. love it.

6. Keysersoze

Keysersoze Oakley Beginner

I just bought a pair of X Metal ruby Juliet's brand new.,.. What's a fair price?

7. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

I would say it depends on which generation you got. 24-125, new in box, a good price would be anything below $300 at this point.

8. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

are you sure there is an A and B generation ruby juliet BriP?? I have yet to see a production pair as such. My understanding of factory issues are;

juliet - x metal - ruby 04-116 original release X######
    - x metal - ruby 04-116 later release J###### (first J serial is x metal - black)
    - x metal - ruby 04-116 as above but no serial
    - x metal - ruby 24-125 no serial, 09 issue in newer style box