1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dardonardo

Dardonardo Oakley Enthusiast

I went into this shop just to see what they had and in a nice glass display in the middle of the room they had this:

Nice Display In A Shop In Zermatt, Switzerland - ze8epahe.jpg

Shame about the price, for the top left Xsquared they are asking some 700€ I did not ask for any more prices...

Last edited: 3/23/14
    Wavecloud likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Supero100

Supero100 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Yeah, that price is just another way to say "not interested in selling them"

Dardonardo likes this.
  3. JSC

JSC Oakley Beginner

I regularly visit Saas-Fee which is in the next valley to Zermatt. It is not just the high prices in Switzerland. In the last 3-4 years the 'Russian' effect has been taking place.

The new super rich will only stay in 5 star hotels, and will spend this sort of money without a thought, in fact they will seek out the most expensive, to be one up. The Boutiques have $5000-7000 skis, $2000 jackets and helmets. The husband skis, the Wife/Girlfriend just spends money. One of the mountain restaurants has gone up market, and lunch for 4 can easily cost $500-600.

4. Dardonardo

Dardonardo Oakley Enthusiast

I am discovering it the hard way, tonight, I had dinner with the wife, caprese salad shared between the two of us, risotto for me, spaghetti with prawns for the wife, water and desserts. 90€!
    We paid 9€ for 1 litter of water and 11€ for 2 scoops of ice cream!

5. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

Jesus! :eek:

6. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

Yeah, Zermatt is definitely not the place for a bargain! Better to stay in Cervinia and hop over the border.

Dardonardo likes this.