• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Night Driving Lenses

I know the light transmission numbers, but in your opinion, how much noticeable difference is there at night between Yellow and Persimmon? I've been using Walleva Yellow for Fast Jackets, but considering going to OEM Persimmon. Thanks.
I would say that there is definitely a difference between Persimmon and Yellow. For night driving, I feel like Persimmon makes everything appear a bit darker, while Yellow seems to brighten things up. If you look at the transmission numbers, Yellow is about as close as you can get to clear.

As for _Black Violet, I would have never considered that a night driving lens. Violet (the old non-idirium violet) or light blue would be better choices IMO.

They are Why 3

DSC07310_zps1386afef.jpg

I'm gonna look for some with the black violet. Man the new LED headlights kill me that new cars have.

I had been using Walleva Yellow lenses for the last 3-4 months every night for driving. Switched to OEM Persimmon tonight. Certainly a bit darker than Yellow, but it does increase contrast so there is a bit of benefit from that. I will say that I did notice the ghosting that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Hopefully it ends up not being to pronounced.

I've been trying to find a pair of why 3 or anything with the black violet iridium. It's been tough. The why 3s on eBay go for way to high for me, some around 300. I found a pair of teaspoons with the BVI but I'm not wearing girls sunglasses. Not even by myself alone in the dark in my truck lol.

Latest Posts

Back