• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Night skiing

Hi Linegear would recommend a ruby clear lenses. eBay item number is: 181600027087. Thank you.

High Intensity Yellow would be your best option on hills that have poor lighting or dark patches since the lens enhances your ability to see contrast while having the highest light transmission of all contrast lenses. A Clear lens will only be as useful as the lighting on the slopes and for me personally is a useless lens unless you are in extremely lit conditions.

The Rose Prizm lens is great in low (heavy overcast), flat light, and even white out but I would still stick with the High Intensity Yellow for pure night skiing. I've used both and that's just my personal opinion.

The best lens for you may differ from others based on your eyes and how they adjust to different light situations. I have a friend who uses High Intensity Yellow in all conditions and he loves it but, for someone like me I prefer a darker lens like Black Iridium or Jade Prizm for brighter skiing conditions.
so I picked up a pair of Splice goggles the other day with a BIPrizm lense. The goggles worked great the other day when I took them out for the day, contrast was sharp and I could really see the texture of the snow and the subtitle changes in terrain. HOWEVER! Once the sun went down I had an extremely difficult time seeing. So much so that I had to ditch the goggles altogether. I don't believe this is due to the Prizm technology as much as it is that fact the lenses are Black iridium.

MY question: what lense would you recommend as the best lense for night skiing? The lense is easy enough to change so I don't need a lense that works good for both day and night, just a lense that works great at night...

Let me know!

Thanks!!

High Intensity Yellow would be your best option on hills that have poor lighting or dark patches since the lens enhances your ability to see contrast while having the highest light transmission of all contrast lenses. A Clear lens will only be as useful as the lighting on the slopes and for me personally is a useless lens unless you are in extremely lit conditions.

The Rose Prizm lens is great in low (heavy overcast), flat light, and even white out but I would still stick with the High Intensity Yellow for pure night skiing. I've used both and that's just my personal opinion.

The best lens for you may differ from others based on your eyes and how they adjust to different light situations. I have a friend who uses High Intensity Yellow in all conditions and he loves it but, for someone like me I prefer a darker lens like Black Iridium or Jade Prizm for brighter skiing conditions.
This is great advice and echos what others have said. I am currently looking for some hi yellow lenses :)

Latest Posts

Back