• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Night time driving lens

I've used Yellow Oakley lenses and have issues with ghosting from oncoming headlights as well as sign reflections. Same, or worse, with Persimmon. Using aftermarket (Walleva I believe) Yellow lenses for Split Jacket now, but still have some ghosting. Would love to try something like Black Violet or Ruby Clear, but it's so old and limited to only a few frames.

The Violet family have zero ghosting.. :)

I've used Ikon's yellow polarized in Splits (my yellow OEMs are scratched up a bit) when driving at night in places with lots of light pollution (cities) and they work well. When driving in full darkness away from the city I never wear them, but I sometimes wear them at dusk especially with sleet/snow.

I've used Ikon's yellow polarized in Splits (my yellow OEMs are scratched up a bit) when driving at night in places with lots of light pollution (cities) and they work well. When driving in full darkness away from the city I never wear them, but I sometimes wear them at dusk especially with sleet/snow.
Any ghosting issues?

I tinted my windshield 70% worked wonders! :)

Photo from today's "what Oakley's are you wearing today" thread lol. But tinting the windshield is the greatest thing I ever did.

IMG_20160302_103132.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back