• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No Glasses This Time.

Just out of curiosity, is the large carabiner for display only? If it can't be used for actual rope-climbing, it would seem too big to put on a keychain, so not sure what other practical purposes it would have. Or am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome.

Just out of curiosity, is the large carabiner for display only? If it can't be used for actual rope-climbing, it would seem too big to put on a keychain, so not sure what other practical purposes it would have. Or am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome.

Bottle opener!

Plenty of "not for climbing" carabiners out there. They have uses for lashing stuff together.

That said, a non-climbing one might cost you $2-5, and the real heavy duty stuff $10-40. To charge $100 and not make it completely badass and suitable for towing a semi-truck? Bleh.

I prefer a free bottle opener that does more than look pretty and lighten my wallet. No offense to the OP, it's an awesome piece and great Oakley style. I just wish it was solid or used something other than rivets.

th_18F5538B-CD94-4C9B-92FC-F37413939D20-4924-000004AEA1F97A57_zpsca80293a.jpg

Back