1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. zap5504

zap5504 Oakley Beginner

I feel like M2 is being overshadowed by Radar, Flak or Jawbreaker. Are they really that bad?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

No. But some people don't like them cause they aren't as "stylish"

@Rustpot is the guy to talk to about M frames though.

And welcome to the forum

flyer and QLR1 like this.
  3. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Stock M2 are boring !!! No love for M2? - a5ab0ab44cc922d3a0ca587f1f9a0648.jpg

I have few pairs at my desk but I had to mod them to make them a little more exciting!!

M2 are kind of forgotten cause Oakley release way to many new sport frames the last few years.

Best thing about m2 is you can use the regular mframe lenes inside them, so it give you more options!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk No love for M2? - 6534d016b1d2215d0b6668e4a1bac5f1.png another one of dr chops m2.

Last edited: 7/14/16
    thisguy, flyer and QLR1 like this.
  4. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

M2 is meh, and the marketing has never been there... The aforementioned frames get more love and support. Only thing Oakley has done with the M2 line is to come out with a lower price for the M2 XL.

I have one, but I just have a preference for gigantic shield frames, hence my 3 Jawbreaker purchases in the last year.

You won't find much love for the M2 here.

Sent from Q's Note5

5. zap5504

zap5504 Oakley Beginner

Those are sweet! I'm pretty new to this so am not familiar with the history. Are those custom or limited editions? Also, are those ruby iridium in the first picture? (the radar lock looks awesome too in the background :))

I think it's unfortunate because the M-frame was so iconic and I don't see how the M2 would perform any less than the other sport frame (aside from maybe venting/increase field of view)

I myself am waiting for my custom m2 to come in :dance2:

QLR1 likes this.
  6. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

@djhyper66 hit it. Kinda blah and overshadowed. I like them but don't own any....sums up my feelings for them right there. I would, however, love to grab a pair of original M Frames with Hammer lenses, my first ever pair of Oakleys...long since lost to me.

:cry::sorry:

7. zap5504

zap5504 Oakley Beginner

Have you considered them for cycling? I think the M2 XL has slightly more coverage compared to my radar lock since the lens extends further down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you got fire iridium in your profile picture. Are those any good for cycling? (I ordered my custom pair for baseball, but will probably use 'em for cycling too)

8. zap5504

zap5504 Oakley Beginner

The lower price is plenty to like, no? Still an oakley! :p

9. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

I didn't mean for it to be a bad thing. I am generally for lower prices.

I just don't love the M2 line enough to get another pair, XL or not. I don't bike, so I can't speak for its athletic uses.

Sent from Q's Note5

10. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

I am an exclusive Original Radar user for cycling, they disappear on my face after less than a mile and my favorite lens is Fire Iridium. I wear it for everything except extreme overcast and rain. I will die with Fire iridium lenses in my Radars, that's how much I love that lens! The cut I use is "Range", the biggest lens cut with the most coverage. They also have the "Pitch" and the "Path". All are available in all tints for the Radar, they differ only in coverage and shape. I think you'll be ok with the M2 for cycling. If it works, use it!