• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No love for M2?

zap5504

Oakley Beginner
I feel like M2 is being overshadowed by Radar, Flak or Jawbreaker. Are they really that bad?

Stock M2 are boring !!!
a5ab0ab44cc922d3a0ca587f1f9a0648.jpg

I have few pairs at my desk but I had to mod them to make them a little more exciting!!

M2 are kind of forgotten cause Oakley release way to many new sport frames the last few years.

Best thing about m2 is you can use the regular mframe lenes inside them, so it give you more options!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6534d016b1d2215d0b6668e4a1bac5f1.png
another one of dr chops m2.

Last edited:
M2 is meh, and the marketing has never been there... The aforementioned frames get more love and support. Only thing Oakley has done with the M2 line is to come out with a lower price for the M2 XL.

I have one, but I just have a preference for gigantic shield frames, hence my 3 Jawbreaker purchases in the last year.

You won't find much love for the M2 here.

Sent from Q's Note5

Stock M2 are boring !!!
a5ab0ab44cc922d3a0ca587f1f9a0648.jpg

I have few pairs at my desk but I had to mod them to make them a little more exciting!!

M2 are kind of forgotten cause Oakley release way to many new sport frames the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6534d016b1d2215d0b6668e4a1bac5f1.png
another one of dr chops m2.

Those are sweet! I'm pretty new to this so am not familiar with the history. Are those custom or limited editions? Also, are those ruby iridium in the first picture? (the radar lock looks awesome too in the background :))

I think it's unfortunate because the M-frame was so iconic and I don't see how the M2 would perform any less than the other sport frame (aside from maybe venting/increase field of view)

I myself am waiting for my custom m2 to come in :dance2:

@djhyper66 hit it. Kinda blah and overshadowed. I like them but don't own any....sums up my feelings for them right there. I would, however, love to grab a pair of original M Frames with Hammer lenses, my first ever pair of Oakleys...long since lost to me.

:cry::sorry:

@djhyper66 hit it. Kinda blah and overshadowed. I like them but don't own any....sums up my feelings for them right there. I would, however, love to grab a pair of original M Frames with Hammer lenses, my first ever pair of Oakleys...long since lost to me.

:cry::sorry:

Have you considered them for cycling? I think the M2 XL has slightly more coverage compared to my radar lock since the lens extends further down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you got fire iridium in your profile picture. Are those any good for cycling? (I ordered my custom pair for baseball, but will probably use 'em for cycling too)

M2 is meh, and the marketing has never been there... The aforementioned frames get more love and support. Only thing Oakley has done with the M2 line is to come out with a lower price for the M2 XL.

I have one, but I just have a preference for gigantic shield frames, hence my 3 Jawbreaker purchases in the last year.

You won't find much love for the M2 here.

Sent from Q's Note5

The lower price is plenty to like, no? Still an oakley! :p

The lower price is plenty to like, no? Still an oakley! :p
I didn't mean for it to be a bad thing. I am generally for lower prices.

I just don't love the M2 line enough to get another pair, XL or not. I don't bike, so I can't speak for its athletic uses.

Sent from Q's Note5

Have you considered them for cycling? I think the M2 XL has slightly more coverage compared to my radar lock since the lens extends further down. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you got fire iridium in your profile picture. Are those any good for cycling? (I ordered my custom pair for baseball, but will probably use 'em for cycling too)

I am an exclusive Original Radar user for cycling, they disappear on my face after less than a mile and my favorite lens is Fire Iridium. I wear it for everything except extreme overcast and rain. I will die with Fire iridium lenses in my Radars, that's how much I love that lens! The cut I use is "Range", the biggest lens cut with the most coverage. They also have the "Pitch" and the "Path". All are available in all tints for the Radar, they differ only in coverage and shape. I think you'll be ok with the M2 for cycling. If it works, use it!

Back