• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No love for X metal/ruby juliets?

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
I saw so many recently on ebay,or some of them on forum in here for quite low price even the 1st gen ruby juliets....are the xmetal/ruby combos out of fashion ?

many of them yes,all of them that I saw were not refinished but OEM x metal finish...just got another ruby juliets off ebay for 250 usd like new,but the serial was J so I guess X metal/black combo...but recently I saw couple of X serialed on ebay for uder 300 usd....
I think people are now after Carbon/black combo or plasma and wanna get rid of these....

many of them yes,all of them that I saw were not refinished but OEM x metal finish...just got another ruby juliets off ebay for 250 usd like new,but the serial was J so I guess X metal/black combo...but recently I saw couple of X serialed on ebay for uder 300 usd....
I think people are now after Carbon/black combo or plasma and wanna get rid of these....
The second generation of XM/Ruby was a J serial - see o-review list. I honestly can't see anyone falling out of favour with this particular combo so it's maybe just the time of year.

I prefer them to other styles of Juliets. I'll probably trade off my 1. gen Plasma for X-metal Juliets since I prefer the X-metal finish to the plasma. I love Ruby for looks, but I mostly use my OO BIP X-metal Juliet these days since I prefer the view with these.

Juliet prices are down in general, and there are a lot of factors that go into what a particular pair will sell for on ebay. I really can't say I've noticed that combo being sold at a discount lately beyond what other pairs have been going for.

I just bought a pair of Juliets with x-metal frame and ruby lenses. It has red ear socks, red temple shocks, and black nose pads. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person.

$_27 (5).JPG

They are my all time favorites, I love them and have two pairs. I have one 1st gen XM Penny with the deep dark ruby lenses. Wish those old school lenses would come back. The only way to really get them is if you find them with a frame.

Back