• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No Matt Kenseth, But A Pretty Good Pick Up Nonetheless

walkerhonda243

Oakley Expert
Louisiana
After the huge uproar over the matte/polished Echelon Jawbones, I decided to check into whether or not Oakley made the Radar the same way (in both finishes). I never did see one on ebay that I was convinced was the polished carbon fibre....but a good friend of mine convinced me that Oakley did in fact make the radars in both finishes and he had a pair for sale in his store. He sent me the pics and once I saw them I knew he was right. So, here ya go.

Complete Echelon Set...Jawbone Polished and Matte, Radar Polished and Matte

Last edited by a moderator:
That is unbelievable, I have never seen a polished carbon fiber echelon! I heard there were a few released in Japan, but that's it. You probably have a rarity right there! Nice.

congrats walker! amazing echelon collection you can really see the difference in the matte and gloss. I love that gloss finish.

thanks doo....and yeah yoshi, big difference. I really like the polished better....but both frames are sick....I'm just shocked that Oakley denied making them in the polished....must have been a screwup somewhere...but I'm glad lol

see ! i knew they were real lol everyone doubted me and omigo that we were going crazy on the two color ways for echelons!
good stuff man your very lucky to have seized all 4 :dance3:

Damn. I like them so much more in glossy. I have a pair of matte radars on hold at a local store. By any chance can you give me the model number of the glossy radars? And also the matte jawbones? I would like to have the numbers to see if I can track down a pair one day.

Gix, I'd be lying if I said I wasnt one of the ones that thought you were crazy lol but you were right. Once I found the polished in the jawbone I just knew they did the radar the same way! And sure enough here they are.

Menendez, the model numbers are exactly the same as the matte frames. But Oakley told me they only made these in the matte finish. But clearly they made both frames in matte finish and polished finish.

Gix, I'd be lying if I said I wasnt one of the ones that thought you were crazy lol but you were right. Once I found the polished in the jawbone I just knew they did the radar the same way! And sure enough here they are.

Menendez, the model numbers are exactly the same as the matte frames. But Oakley told me they only made these in the matte finish. But clearly they made both frames in matte finish and polished finish.

Thank you I thought it would be different.

Back