• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No More Juliet Factory Tune Ups

Mine was really lose and one reason my wife bought me the Split Jacket. Then she was a bit... disappointed when I discovered the tuneup and they were good as new again.

I had always just wanted the splits for beach, outdoor, etc but apparently she didn't know... :eek:

I was at my local O store a few days ago, and the store manager who knows me pretty well, asked me if my Juliet's needed a tune up. I thought it was a little odd of her to ask, but maybe she was hinting at getting them done if needed before time is up. Not sure, but it just seemed random. She knows my Juliets are pretty new and don't need it, but I wasn't even wearing them at the time. I was wearing my Split Jackets. I'll have to ask her about this.

I was at my local O store a few days ago, and the store manager who knows me pretty well, asked me if my Juliet's needed a tune up. I thought it was a little odd of her to ask, but maybe she was hinting at getting them done if needed before time is up. Not sure, but it just seemed random. She knows my Juliets are pretty new and don't need it, but I wasn't even wearing them at the time. I was wearing my Split Jackets. I'll have to ask her about this.
Keep us posted! I suppose I could just call the Oakley Warranty Dept like I usually do and ask about it. Been so busy... I'll definitely call in the next couple business days!

Keep us posted! I suppose I could just call the Oakley Warranty Dept like I usually do and ask about it. Been so busy... I'll definitely call in the next couple business days!

I'll call tomorrow, and post my findings. She's been on par with everything so far, so I trust her. We'll see what she says.

I called yesterday. They are still offering service tune ups @ 64.99. You can sometimes get $10 waived shipping. It wasn't offered to me yesterday. The rep who was taking care of me did not mention it was goin away. Mind you this is for the U.S.

If you need all new rubbers, particularly t-shox or gaskets then it may be a good way to go.

I just acquired my very first XX frame, of which was in ruins. I also had a pair of carbon Juliets that had a blown flex coupler. I opted to get the better quality flex couplers from XMan along with a refinish. It made more sense for various reasons.

I don't know if its a major loss as Oakley Australia never did a good job anyway. The nose bridge on my Juliet returned just as loose as it was sent in. I reckon all they did was change the rubbers and charged me $75 for it. The next time my Oakleys need a tune up, I'll send it to THE X-MAN since he's so famous.

I don't know if its a major loss as Oakley Australia never did a good job anyway. The nose bridge on my Juliet returned just as loose as it was sent in. I reckon all they did was change the rubbers and charged me $75 for it. The next time my Oakleys need a tune up, I'll send it to THE X-MAN since he's so famous.

This- I'd never remotely think of sending anything go Oakley anymore anyway with people like X-Man doing it...though again, I've developed a system of wearing them so they practically never loosen especially in a rotation (and then there's the dental floss rig if they do some). I would send in if I bought a beater off eBay though.