• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No More Juliet Factory Tune Ups

Honestly? Xman cares about your glasses. Oakley couldn't care less... Xman locks up the glasses tight! He can make them looser if you request. Xman tuneups last a long long time, Oakley tuneups don't... Oakley no longer touches my glasses. @THE X-MAN all the way! Support a forum member who does an excellent job!

Oakley is cheaper if you need every rubber replaced (obviously you pull them all yourself prior to sending them in) and need new screws (again, must remove yourself prior to sending them in)...

Honestly? Xman cares about your glasses. Oakley couldn't care less... Xman locks up the glasses tight! He can make them looser if you request. Xman tuneups last a long long time, Oakley tuneups don't... Oakley no longer touches my glasses. @THE X-MAN all the way! Support a forum member who does an excellent job!
Xman it is then.

They are still doing them in Australia as well. Just got a response from Oakley customer service. I received a response as well as somewhat of a consent for just basically saying that they hold no responsibility for broken glasses and they will be sent back unfixed if they become broken. So I'm trying to decide wether to chance it and send to Oakley or send to xman.

What's everyone's experience with Oakley compared to xman? Please not I am in no way knocking xmans work
I would send to the X-Man.

Xman it is then.
For the extra few dollars it is totally worth it. They come back tight... Too tight for me at first, I thought I had made a big mistake! I wore them anyway, and after a few days, perfection! They are perfect on my face now. Like they were made to fit... And they are still tight! They will break in a bit and will be perfect! Just give them some time. I have had several pairs done by him and he has one of my newest acquisitions now!

They are still doing them in Australia as well. Just got a response from Oakley customer service. I received a response as well as somewhat of a consent for just basically saying that they hold no responsibility for broken glasses and they will be sent back unfixed if they become broken. So I'm trying to decide wether to chance it and send to Oakley or send to xman.

What's everyone's experience with Oakley compared to xman? Please not I am in no way knocking xmans work
I'll let you know in the next couple of days.
Regarding au osp service.

I've sent three frames to Mark and have two I acquired from other members that Mark had already tuned. I can't compare to an Oakley tune up as I've never sent any to them, but I can say Mark does an excellent job.

I never had a tuneup done before, but I recently sent some juliets to be serviced to Mark. I figured with all positive comments on his work from everyone on this forum I couldn't go wrong.

I've had more than a few pairs from both Oakley and @THE X-MAN over the years.

I've never had a problem or complaint @THE X-MAN. :)

My only concern has been some pairs are too tight to wear, but that is also like complaining that the tires on your car have too much tread or the suspension is tighter than advertised. Unless you are a very picky 'driver' in need of specific tuning [as I am] this additional tightness would generally be considered a bonus.

It is also worth mentioning that @THE X-MAN can also adjust/soften pairs upon request. :cool-20:

However, when sending pairs to Oakley:
- I've had them damaged (lenses scratched and frames dinged up)
- I've had them returned to me without being tuned up at all without explanation
- I've had them lost (or stolen?) at Oakley
:mad:

Considering the above I'll probably NEVER send anything back to Oakley again outside of a warranty or return. I stocked some OEM spares, but if can't handle it myself the pair(s) will most likely go @THE X-MAN ;)

I am also HAPPY Oakley is not doing X-Metal tune-ups anymore - for the most part, OCONUS and 'partial' exceptions aside, since they have been doing a really crappy job for the past couple of years. I remember sending Juliets back 10 ro 12 years ago and getting them back like new. The last couple of years the pairs have been returned to me worse off - if returned at all!