• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No More Juliet Factory Tune Ups

I guess when our Xmetals are sent into Oakley,,to them its just another pair of glasses to work on.
The 3 pairs i have sent into the Xman have come back terrific, granted a little tight,,, but after wearing them they snuggle up real nice to my head lol.

The x-man's tuned up over a dozen of my frames, perfectly every time, with incredibly quick turnaround. He also does a great job packaging them for return shipping. Nobody else will get my business.

Went to oakley HQ today. Its an hour drive for me. Anyways they were able to replace my flex coupler nose bridge. But as far as orbital gasket, temple washers, screws...they're all gone they said =(

I asked someone behind the counter how much more do they have of the flex coupler parts, answer was some crateful that should last maybe 1-2 more years...dpending how busy they get. But thats about it.

Went to oakley HQ today. Its an hour drive for me. Anyways they were able to replace my flex coupler nose bridge. But as far as orbital gasket, temple washers, screws...they're all gone they said =(

I asked someone behind the counter how much more do they have of the flex coupler parts, answer was some crateful that should last maybe 1-2 more years...dpending how busy they get. But thats about it.
Thank you for posting this. So they will tune the nose bridge and that's it. No more replacement screws or washers or gaskets. I saw the other day the only Juliet rubber they were selling is the black. No more rootbeer maybe?

Thank you for posting this. So they will tune the nose bridge and that's it. No more replacement screws or washers or gaskets. I saw the other day the only Juliet rubber they were selling is the black. No more rootbeer maybe?

you guys are welcome! Unfortunately my juliets only go with black, rootbeer would look weird. So I didnt ask....

So basically they still offer a "tune up" that includes nothing whatsoever except for nose bridge tightening. For $60 that is a rip off... At least xman checks out the screws and lubes everything up. The only thing that made the Oakley tune up worth doing was if you needed absolutely everything replaced on the frame. Otherwise you are just wasting money and time with them (assuming you don't need to have the OEM nose bridge rubber- I know some people absolutely prefer the OEM rubber (I'm not one of them)). Oh well, at least now we know they are officially out of spare parts!

The Austrian recently posted a crap ton of orbital screws and nose pins. Expensive but oem

I've been very happy with the quality of the @Linegear Official replacement screws. They are just as good as OEM in my experience. Also not cheap but worth it if your screws are rusted and need to be replaced.

I am planning to buy a set of (2) temple screws from linegear. Also their off-white colored washers for the temple arms. On ebay, hopefully they can combine shipping. This will be my first experience with their parts.