1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tunney Prime

Tunney Prime Oakley Beginner

I was in Indianapolis last week and at the food truck Friday event, I was wearing my R1's. Saw a guy wearing IH Juliets, so I walked up to him and tried to make eye contact. Dude was oblivious....I think if you can't notice a pair of Romeos from at least 50 ft, you should stick to Ray Bans... :)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

Lol, I had the opposite reaction. Someone wearing juliets saw my plasma r1s and sorta shyly walked around me eyeing my glasses as much as he thought I wasn't looking.

QLR1 and cyclerdoug like this.
  3. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

I've had the same experience. Half the time they don't know what they own or the significance of the X metal line. Those same pairs will end up on EBay with the nose bombs cut off or some craziness.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Did he have a blind mans walking stick too? ;)

Here's a good thread.
    People's reactions to your glasses

motoGP_fanatic and cyclerdoug like this.
  5. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

I equate this with walking into a gas station and there are a few people or a couple spinning the sunglass rack saying "Try these on, they're kinda cool" or "Hell, for 8 bucks you should get 2 pair". I shake my head. I completely understand the whole budget thing, but folks please, ignore the hype, at least grab a pair of base model Frogs and see what real lenses are!
    Your eyes will thank you! :)

motoGP_fanatic and Oaks & Dawgs like this.
  6. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

While some ignorance is sad, some folks just don't have the same appreciation and passion like we do. They wear their sh#t, not giving a care in the world. I applaud them for that. Leave them be.

Sent from Q's Note5

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  7. grimm

grimm Oakley Beginner

That was you? Your glare penetrated my very soul. I felt the chill when I was trying to bite into my Korean short rib tacos. It was very spicy, luckily my IH Juliet covered my shameful tearing. Then you came into my being. All I can do was stand there hoping you don't speak to me because I know in my heart I would have melted and my inhibitions broken. I wouldn't forget you, O random guy in a Romeo. I will always cherish our encounter.

8. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

This is some Craigslist missed encounter stuff. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

VolcanOG, Dieseltech, QLR1 and 2 others like this.
  9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

VolcanOG likes this.
  10. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Maybe the guy was creeped out that some stranger was staring at him.

QLR1 and motoGP_fanatic like this.