• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Non-Oakley DIY help - need advice

It's not a crack but part of the construction, an expansion joint or something, IDK.
"Made up thing to keep the contractor from having to redo the work" is what it sounds like lol. I don't know much about construction but I don't recall ever seeing an expansion joint that was visible. I'll have to google it.

"Made up thing to keep the contractor from having to redo the work" is what it sounds like lol. I don't know much about construction but I don't recall ever seeing an expansion joint that was visible. I'll have to google it.

IDK, I'm just guessing, but it definitely was cut like that. Notice it doesn't go into the foundation... The house is 9 years old, current owner living there for 5.

There's a similar one on the brick house right next to it. Haven't inspected the entire neighborhood.

Yeah I've been too busy with last week's b-day party and the in-laws to mess with it yet. It's still sitting in a box in the laundry room.

IDK, I'm just guessing, but it definitely was cut like that. Notice it doesn't go into the foundation... The house is 9 years old, current owner living there for 5.

There's a similar one on the brick house right next to it. Haven't inspected the entire neighborhood.

BTW I looked at a few houses in the area - every one of them has like 2 or 3 of those expansion joints on each side.

Hm. Without seeing it I can't really give good advice

20150716_212718.jpg

Back