1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. wysatta1

wysatta1 Oakley Enthusiast

Recently i had sent my radars off to get hydroprinted. I decided on northwest hydroprint. Right away i had quick and friendly email response. So i pulled the trigger. For $47 and the cost of shipping to them i got a navy camo. 3 weeks past and they send an email to inform me that they were ready and they were shipping off. I open the box to fimd my radars in the o box and microfibre that i shipped them in but with no bubble wrap. Wasnt packaged well and the o box got all smushed. Its dead now lol...
    Right away i start nitpicking as any good buyer should. I noticed on the earstems at the joint the paint is already chip/flaking. The lenses when taking them out have alot worse "rub marks" in the iridium from the thick paint. And i notice my nose rubber no longer wants to remain on the frame it keeps sliding off.
    It wasnt all bad thing however. The quality of the graphic is superb. Hardly any distortion and color is spot on. It doesnt seem like the paint on any area that doesnt have rub points (such as earstem joint) wont have a problem with the flaking. The icons stick good (not perfect) in their place to the new paint.

Overall im going to rate this like ebay
    Communication 5star
    Shipping cost 5 star
    Downtime 3.5 star ---im just impatient ;)---
    Quality 4star

Sidenote i will do more business with them in the future. Hopefully this flaking issue around the earstem joint is just a one off thing.
    Pics to follow
    Northwest Hydroprint Review And Pics!!! - 8446291094_8ee1de2131_h.jpg
    Northwest Hydroprint Review And Pics!!! - 8446291012_debe21aa1f_h.jpg
    Northwest Hydroprint Review And Pics!!! - 8446291166_bb2b03d212_h.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Northwest Hydroprint does great work, we've done 2 group buys on the forum and about to do a 3rd.

3. wysatta1

Thats why i chose them. Remember i was gunna be in it but i got impatient. They are nice just could be a smidge better lol. Not exactly pro quality as much as really good homeade quality

4. Batwolf

It depends on the pattern as well. Personally I don't think thinner frames work well with the camo patterns.

All of their other patterns are much better and high quality.

5. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

Wow, they're dope! The Jade lens is a perfect fit.

Yeah, minor imperfections are always annoying...it's normal to want things to turn out perfect. But if you hadn't pointed it out the flaws, I don't think any of us would have noticed. From two feet away, they look great. It's funny how when you're the owner, the little flaws kind of bug you...because you know they're there. No one else will notice, though. Just have fun wearing 'em and showing 'em off.

Fingers crossed that the next frames you send off to them turn out perfect.

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

+1 :thumb:

7. wysatta1

Actually its g26 my favorite and go to lense. I have a pair of five squared in the process of waterprinting as we speak. I have g26 lenses getting cut for them too. Yeah im actually pretty impressed i was expecting the worst lol and maybe your right and im just being paranoid.

8. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

Crap now I can't wait to get mi e back from the group buy

9. 702baby

702baby Under The Electric Sky

Umm not to sound impatient but umm are our frames enroute to Northwest? Sorry seeing this got me excited on how my frames will turn out, thanks again Batwolf for organizing this group buy :thumb:

10. Batwolf

Waiting on one more frame to arrive then it will be out to NWH.