• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Couple Tightness Level

every frame is hand built,if it is snug and performs well does it really matter whos is tighter?

I don't understand.....heres a guy you cant please.
He's entitled to an opinion on a subjective matter. I think Oakley tune-ups are too loose (and sometimes reassembled wrong and the coupler installed backwards) and he thinks yours are too tight. Different strokes, that's why you have a Corolla and a Challenger instead of 2 Corollas.
However I would rather have a fresh tune-up be tight than open the box from HQ a month later and its already loose out of the box. But that's me.

I agree with what your saying completely.....he could have kept that to himself,i just thought it was kinda ****ty.

Also, I noticed on X-man's service sheet that there was something called "Blast Finish".

I am very new in the Oakley product Arena. What does Blast Finish mean?

Also, I noticed on X-man's service sheet that there was something called "Blast Finish".

Click on someone's name a "start a conversation" to PM someone.

The blast finish is recoloring the frame via media blasting. Bead, walnut, glass, whatever works best to give the metal the color desired.

He does media blasting to change the finish on pairs.

This pair here was all xmetal at the start. He blasted and polished the orbitals to a finish similar to plasma and reblasted the arms and nose to xmetal giving this
juruhe6e.jpg

He does media blasting to change the finish on pairs.

This pair here was all xmetal at the start. He blasted and polished the orbitals to a finish similar to plasma and reblasted the arms and nose to xmetal giving this
juruhe6e.jpg

Looks very nice. My Juliets are Plasma. Would Blast Finish "buff" out minor scuffs on the frame to make it look immaculate?

Blast Finish is not polished is it?