1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

I had a pair of juliets tuned up by HQ a few weeks ago. They were a beater pair I picked up for $50 but planned on using regularly after they were put back together by Oakley. I got them back and noticed they got the new "soft" nosebridge rubber in them. I haven't worn them much due to that but decided to inspect them tonight and noticed one of the rivets was literally falling out. I was able to push it back in with my finger. Suggestions? I want to ask oakley for a refund but I only paid $40 as another member got a 2 for 1 when he walked his and mine in and he paid with his credit card. Based on the positive reviews of mark2112's (x-man now) work, I think I'd rather have him do it and get a nice tight pair but don't want to dump more money into these without getting the first $40 back.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah if it was a beater pair the nosebridge probably suffered some damage.. the hole may have gotten expanded. and yes, X-man's work should stop that problem as he peens both ends, which means no sliding.

3. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

i've been to the hq a few months back. and i got the same soft compound rubbers in 2 of my juliets. but the rivets are totally fine.

its just the rubbers that are softer than the usual. i hope it would last longer than the old compound since its more rubbery/soft.

4. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

yeah well it's all around unsat. gotta figure something out.