• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nosepads Are Broken

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
I got a pair of inmates for my birthday 4 days ago and the nosepiece has completely snapped off the frame. Should i go in and get a new frame or could i use nosepads from a sport frame and glue them on?? I know it sounds like a silly suggestion

I've used superglue before heh. I would try and get a new frame from Oakley. I doubt they'd turn you away, seeing as you bought it a few days ago.

Yeah definitely call and ask about the warranty on them. Oakley is pretty good about that kind of stuff I had a problem with some M-frames a while back and they repaired them

thanks guys, I'm a little annoyed I've only had them 4 days and they're already broken. For a frame that needs adjusting to a persons face you would think the frame would be a little stronger, oh well hopefully the good people at oakley can help me out.

If you like the wire's, try out the Nanowire 4.0. They are amazing! The lenses are a bit too big for my taste, but might suit you. They have both: AntiReflective coating AND the Hydrophobic coating.

I'm a bit worried on this one, cos if you bought them in perfect condition then snapped them you may have a fight on your hands.

Fingers crossed and good luck.

I just called Oakley and asked What i could do in this situation,Unfortunately I wasn't able to walk into the store and give them the broken pair and pick up a new pair like I hoped. However I am sending them off to be assessed as per the oakley employees instructions and will hopefully have a new pair or these repaired soon

EDIT:mad: Herbsley, do you find they sit close to your face than your hijinx?

They sit closer to my cheeks than the Hijinx. It's because they naturally tilt backwards - like an old shark-nosed BMW from the 1980s.

It's the glasses I'm wearing in my avatar.

I'm surprised you can't just walk them back in. They should be able to hand you a new pair and then ship that one back to the factory themselves.

I was thinking I could do that aswell. The guy I spoke to sounded like he wasn't bothered to help so he gave me information to send them away to the repairs centre, which they could do after they swapped this pair for me but it didn't quite work that way

Latest Posts

Back