• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nosepads Are Broken

Right, I thought you meant you had snapped off the wire piece that held the nose-pad in place (which would be more of a problem).
If it is just that the soft nose-pad has come out of its wire housing then yes you can walk it back in.

Fingers crossed that Oakley are understanding about this and can replace the frame. Worst case scenario though is that they say you bought a frame and damaged it (as opposed to being a 'manufacturer fault' under their warranty), so you may have to pay them something for the new frame.

I think it's down to their discretion this one.
Best of luck.

I might try my luck modifying the frame with Unobtanium nose pieces from the flak jacket or juliet if that fails I'll send it into Oakley and pay a fee if I have to

I've superglued nosebombs onto O Matter frames to make them work for me...The Fuel Cell is a prime example! Flak Jacket nosebombs look ugly as hell, but fit me like a glove! I used the Juliet nosebombs for the second pair. Fit even better! Though the job was much sloppier.

I'll get both and see what works better,I don't own any x-metals nor have I tried one on so i can't say how comfortable they are but I've tried the flaks and the nose pieces feel pretty comfy, even more so than the SJ2.

Honestly, I have no idea how effective they would be on the Inmate seeing as it's an metal frame. Best of luck though!

Back