• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nosepads On Fives Squared?!

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
At the Vault today I found a pair of $50 Rootbeer Fives Squared. I knew they were Fives, but got confused when I noticed that they had unobtanium nosepads, and were lacking the "Made in USA" marking. I own enough pairs of Fives to know that they have never had nosepads, so I went and checked out a full MSRP pair that was made in the USA, and they had the normal o-matter nosebridge. Anyone know when this change was made, or why?

SGH has had them with the unobtainium on the nose for a couple months now. Not really sure why they did it, maybe to just freshen them up a bit? It for sure makes a difference though.

I wonder why they didn't add earsocks as well, if they wanted to make improvements. It's weird that SGH has they nosepad variant but the O Stores and Vaults don't (with the exception of the $50 pair). Have you seen the nosepads on other colorways aside from Rootbeer?

I wonder why they didn't add earsocks as well, if they wanted to make improvements. It's weird that SGH has they nosepad variant but the O Stores and Vaults don't (with the exception of the $50 pair). Have you seen the nosepads on other colorways aside from Rootbeer?

The most recent pair of Fives Squared I bought were the Moto GP ones this past summer and they had the unobtanium on the nose pads. Very nice addition to in my opinion one of the most underrated frames out there.

I can't say exactly how long the nosepads have been on this pair but it has been there for a little while now. I've seen it quite a bit and I do not go into SGH.
I've seen it on the other colorways also, maybe the older product is still out there and hasn't been sold out yet that you haven't seen it in O stores and Vaults.

Back