• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nostalgia Is Expensive...

Tunney Prime

Oakley Expert
Brownsville, TX
So, back in 1998 (jr. year of high school), I bought a pair of zero 0.4 squared and sold them about a year later. Last week, i upgraded for the first time since 2005 from hatchets to juliets. Then, when I joined the forum, I posted my historical purchases, which got me thinking...."wouldn't it be nice to still have all of those oakleys?" So, I found a pair of zeros on ebay and picked them up for $120, but I bid without looking too closely. The ones I used to have were the ones with flat earstems (with the "o" perpendicular to the ground). these are one model later (item #190729405039). So, once they arrive, I'll be looking to unload them (at least breaking even) and keep hunting for the ones I had originally (sleet with black iridium). Oh, and I need to do this before the wife finds out I blew $120 bucks on the wrong ones... :)

hmm.. imo you paid too much for them. probaby worth around 90-100 tops, and thats if its got no peeling or cracking. lots of 0.4Sq around so just keep your eye out. i actually have a spare lens for the 0.4sq..

Yeah, when I looked on ebay, there was one pair up for $170 and these, and none of what i was looking for in the past 30 days of sales. I'll see how they are when they arrive. they do come with the original box and paperwork, so that may help, but I'm prepared to cut my losses and stop impulse shopping...for now :)

okay yeah ebay is expensive, you should have come to us. btw, the older 0.4s that youre looking for come up VERY frequently.. you probably just missed them. they'll be up again within the week... i have an active search that updates me constantly... currently there are a couple REAL nice subzeros on there..

Back