1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

On this forum i allready saw it a few times. And it surprised me.... aftermarket lenses.
    In my opinion it's not done to put aftermarket lenses in your Oakleys. At least i just don't understand
    why you buy an Oakley and put aftermarket lenses in it. Then you better could buy a cheap ass
    frame and put the lenses in there.
    For me it's as buying fake oakleys and say that they are almost as good as the real ones...

It's just my opinion, what do u oakley lovers think about this?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thatoakleyguy

thatoakleyguy Oakley Enthusiast

Quality wise- its Oakley hands down. However I know that exovista company on eBay makes decent lenses in a lot of colors for all frames. I can see where some would swap out a top tier lens for something that will bring out the artwork or design of the frame.

3. Johnny Hundreds

Johnny Hundreds Banned

Alot of times people buy a $125,000.00 vehicle with brand new wheels and tires, and then pay an extra $10,000.00 for some non OEM wheels because it just adds to the vechicle...
    i understand that Oakley Lenses are... superior to exovista's or VL. But hell... i'd wear some Oakley frames without lenses in it at all because i love the frame so much!
    lol

4. Andrew Oakley

Andrew Oakley Oakley Beginner

Yeah I get what you mean. I understand for the older models where you can't get lenses for them anymore, but to me its the lenses that make Oakley the top sunglasses brand. So for me at least, buying a pair of oakleys and putting in some VL lenses or anything like that is like buying a Ferrari and swapping out the engine for a Civic. Still have the cool look, but definitely not the same performance.

5. good2mod

good2mod Oakley Collector

I hate to use them but I have no choice for my Romeos. The stress cracks are bothering me and I cant find a local optometrist to cut an Oakley lens for them.

6. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

Sometimes it's not even about making the glasses look better.

If you can't find OEM lenses for some older, discontinued models, your only option is going after-market.

7. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

For me, I would never go with aftermarket unless I absolutely have to. I actually have a pair of VL frogskins lenses and they scratch much easier, and the clarity just isn't there compared to original oakley lenses.

8. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

The problem is you are limited with the choice of lens colours from Oakley. & its the same when you want to bling your car. Sometimes you have to go after market i'm afraid.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I'd only consider aftermarket lenses if I absolutely cannot find the official Oakley replacement lenses.

But to each their own. If someone wants aftermarket lenses because they come in a color that Oakley doesn't produce then that's completely up to them. It's their money after all.

10. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

THIS.

That would be the only time I would advocate getting aftermarket lenses. Or if there is a color that you MUST have, then go for aftermarket.