• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nothing Quite Like New Rubber + A Brief Explanation Of My M Frame Fixation

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I got my first M Frame in 2006 and I've worn it regularly for nearly 6 years. I decided it was finally time to replace the earsocks after one of them stayed behind on my ear. The original rubber is nasty, loose, stretched out, and is starting to get that sticky feel to it. I've worn these frames (with different lenses) for racquetball, skiing, pond hockey, rollerhockey, riding a motorcycle, mini-Baja racing, Formula Car driving, shooting trap, skeet, sporting clays, competition small bore rifle, long distance high power rifle, IDPA pistol, steel pistol challenge, boating, softball, volleyball, showshoeing, white water rafting, snowmobiling. You name it.

Yoshi inspired me to track down some yellow earsocks from a Livestrong pair since my school colors are black, silver, and gold and this is the pair of Oakleys I got in college, and I can associate a lot of the memories described above during college with this pair of glasses.

Oakley wouldn't sell me anything but the black, white, grey, and brown they have online even though the custom options list a half dozen more colors, so it took some doing to get my hands on a set.

I also got a new white set from the store and put them on my Pro M set, but that's not nearly as exciting.

Old earsocks.
IMG_0852.jpg

And the new, after about 15 minutes of trying to cram them on without snapping a stem!
IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

They still look great. I want some ballistic m frames for safety glasses at work.

Side note: Did those files work for you today?

They still look great. I want some ballistic m frames for safety glasses at work.

Side note: Did those files work for you today?

Thanks. Yep, got everything opened but we hit a snag on a rush order and things went to hell at work. I should have time tomorrow to get things looked at and some new models made up.

Oh, and I have balltic M's (with the clip removed to make it standard), Pro M's, this standard frame, and 2 2.0 frames to round out the M collection. Along with a G26, VR50, VR28, 1 clear SI, 2 clear ballistic SI, 1 clear standard, 2 ballstic SI grey, 1 SI grey, all in Strike, and an Ice and a Black Iridium Polarized in Heater. Along with 3 clamshell cases and one pro case, and now I think I have 5 spare nose bombs and 2 spare full rubber kits.

A tiny dab of purell or water on the earstem will go a long way in helping to get those socks on and off without fear of snapping the stem.

Back