• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Now You Think Batwolfs Are Cheap?

Also, looking at this again, fairly certain it's just wrapped in carbon fiber. A guy in the wearing thread wrapped some gascans. That's why it's tighter and heavier.

I work with carbon fiber extensively..... Pop the lens out and view the orbital channel, or even remove the icon. Also depending on how many layers of material were used on a lay up with resin, light will sometime penetrate the thinner layers due to the weave overlap. More then 3 layers of 6 oz material no light will come through, if done correctly. A quick video in a dark room with a high power flash light should provide insight. I can gladly demo this. The reason i say video is to show both sides of the item with and without the use of light. Pics can be obscured by taping the back of the item so light doesn't penetrate, like the earstems. Not that we dont believe you, we just would like to know for future reference if we ever come across a piece like this. Carbon is a difficult animal to wrap around small edges so even closing the ear stems and a pic of the hinge area helps too....

I work with carbon fiber extensively..... Pop the lens out and view the orbital channel, or even remove the icon. Also depending on how many layers of material were used on a lay up with resin, light will sometime penetrate the thinner layers due to the weave overlap. More then 3 layers of 6 oz material no light will come through, if done correctly. A quick video in a dark room with a high power flash light should provide insight. I can gladly demo this. The reason i say video is to show both sides of the item with and without the use of light. Pics can be obscured by taping the back of the item so light doesn't penetrate, like the earstems. Not that we dont believe you, we just would like to know for future reference if we ever come across a piece like this. Carbon is a difficult animal to wrap around small edges so even closing the ear stems and a pic of the hinge area helps too....

The hinge looks like it's still plastic, couldn't wrap the tabs. What do you think?

I hope it is real. That'd be awesome.

20141218_014904.jpg

I am no expert but I would have to say these things look legit to me. Absolutly awesome man! I hope you were able to get the guy down on price though, but regardless this pair is 1 of a kind!

Latest Posts

Back