• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

O-Intro

Fitzc71

Oakley Beginner
I've been an Oakley fanatic for 18 years, and in that time I (finally) figured out the styles of glasses that fit my head/squash properly. I'm a big guy having played college football, so finding a pair of shades that were large enough without making me look cartoonish took some time. I'm more of a practical "wearer" than I am a collector, I want to be able to throw on a pair of Oaks to suit the occasion, whatever that may be.

That leads me to my latest purchase, this past weekend brought me into my local dealer to find a more "grown-up" pair. I landed a job that will keep me in a suit and tie, and in my opinion, will require an upgrade from the plastic frame Oilrigs which are a mainstay of my weekend look. I picked up a pair of Polarized Deviations with the Light frames for two reasons; first and foremost they fit my face, giving me a polished look, and second they are a classic design that has been in style for 50+ years. I haven't had the time to wear them too much, but the time that I have had to wear them I found that they are comfortable and stylish.

No doubt. I say practical wearer because I doubt that my wife would allow real-estate in our home to be devoted to the displaying of sunglasses. I'm always on Oakley.com and in the local dealer checking out the latest and greatest...

Welcome to the forums!

I wouldn't bank on staying a "practical wearer" for long, most people on this forum are a bad influence :tongue:

Fitz, welcome!

You know most here are not a bad influence. BTW, do you want to buy a nice pair of X Metals for your new professional career? The XM XX looks great on large melons and a 24K XM XX would just scream BALLER! :biggrin:

The "investment" spin only works for so long...

welcome to our community!
post some pics, if you can find some time . . . :cool:

Back