• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

O-Review

that's pretty funny; basically JJ is trying to beef up his own collection via other collectors-but only for stuff produced up to the time of his departure from a primary role with Oakley.

Later in that thread he says there are many reasons Oakley is great but then he singles out "bold" and that "bold" is why many started and contine to collect the brand. Its a great point and I totally agree-but I just don't happen to think that's the focus of the company anymore nor what they are primarily producing any longer.

That's pretty cool.
I wonder if he secretly regrets having sold the business that he grew from practically nothing into the most innovative eyewear company ever. The fact that he's turned to collectors for Oakley artifacts tells you he still has a place in his heart for the brand and what it represented. Too bad all I own is run-of-the-mill stuff that he probably has enough of.

Oh I think he loves Oakley maybe more now than ever; how can he not-many of the designs had his direct input, they're like artwork of an artist. I've seen pictures of him that are fairly recent and in every one where he's outside he's wearing vintage O-Splice, Juliet, etc. I have no doubt he's proud of what he accomplished but I also think he's a very driven creative person who needs a new frontier to tackle and he's very much done that with Red.

I'm surprised that JJ doesn't have a bunker full of stuff. Someone should offer him a Garage Rock and see what he has to say about that. But seriously, it's very cool that he's actually on the forums.

My guess is there a bunker, but it belongs to the company and it wasn't part of deal with Lux that he keep it so he might be building something personal. Also he's quite aware I'm sure that minty stuff is getting hard to find.

Dang I was gonna post this here but you beat me to the punch. He's been a part of the O-Review community for a long while but nice to see him active again.

He's looking for very specific vintage items only so I wouldn't attempt to waste his time with anything else.

Dang I was gonna post this here but you beat me to the punch. He's been a part of the O-Review community for a long while but nice to see him active again.

He's looking for very specific vintage items only so I wouldn't attempt to waste his time with anything else.
LNIB or better condition, too.

He mentioned a few things he had, and said he could make trades.

The reasoning was him actually having the time and space to do a proper O-museum, not just to bolster his collection.

Back