• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakely Radar Path Lens Changing Question

Are regular Radar Path "not" Radarlock path lenses to install and uninstall difficult? I am leaning toward the regular Radars because I do not want the vents for cycling and because some of the Radarlock path that I would like are vented, such as the photochromic. Does Oakely let you actually use them, say for cycling, and if you are not satisfied with them return them, and how long is the trial period?

Thanks,
Tim

There are tons and tons of radarlock path non-vent lens. I have seen fire, jade, black, positive red. persimmon, yellow. Go to the O-store or a vault. What you see online, isn't exactly whats out there.

when I put my BIP in the Locks, there was zero movement/flex in the lens.....

after I put it in there, I hit it with the cloth and felt no give on each side....

the actual RadarLock Lens has a tiny bit of play in it when I clean it (I can hear it going *click click click* each time I swipe it from side to side), but the Radar BIP does not...

The Radarlock has Switchlock Technology, so the lens "floats" in the frame, that's the movement you feel. By putting the Radar lens in a Radarlock you have nullified any benefits of Switchlock Technology. Just because you can get a Radar lens in there, that doesn't mean it fits. Just my .02

The Radarlock has Switchlock Technology, so the lens "floats" in the frame, that's the movement you feel. By putting the Radar lens in a Radarlock you have nullified any benefits of Switchlock Technology. Just because you can get a Radar lens in there, that doesn't mean it fits. Just my .02
it's in there - and it fits.....

the "float" from one lens is just as serviceable as the "perfect fit" from the other lens....

p.s.
I have yet to find any "benefit" from the SwitchLock Tech.....

The benefit of switchlock is that you can change your lenses as often as you want without the possibility of chipping a corner or wearing down the notches that hold them in place. In my opinion, the benefit is huge.

This is what Oakley Switchlock is about:

If you haven’t heard about Oakley Switchlock™ Technology, you’re wasting too much time fumbling with the outdated designs of ordinary interchangeable lens systems. Our simple switch mechanism makes the process quick and easy, and the lens is held securely in place without uneven pressures that can distort it and compromise your vision.

The benefit of switchlock is that you can change your lenses as often as you want without the possibility of chipping a corner or wearing down the notches that hold them in place. In my opinion, the benefit is huge.
ok, so based on that scenario, I HAVE NOT lost that benefit of the SwitchLock Tech...

my Radar lenses fit perfectly in my Locks - it's easy to install and uninstall...

not sure why anyone would say the benefit is gone.....

SwitchLock Tech will, in fact, keep me from potentially chipping lenses, even the Radar Lenses.....

20140707_234029_zpsvraxzabc.jpg this what happen to me when I change my radar lens too much and not careful enough. There old beater lenes but it take alot more force to change a radar lens compared to radarlock one.

Latest Posts

Back