• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley A Wire

Awire was one of my first pairs, they are really nice but i just never chose to wear them over my other pairs, i think BriP is right there just a bit to vanilla next to x-metals and pit boss etc. i guess most pairs are bought by non collectors who just have 1 pair of sunglasses, most of the ones i see on ebay uk are just labelled 'oakley sunglasses'

I remember having many friends with these! I rarely see them anymore. I wonder where they all went? maybe a drawer somewhere.

I remember having many friends with these! I rarely see them anymore. I wonder where they all went? maybe a drawer somewhere.
youre not far off. having run custom works for a short time now, i had one guy bring in his Awire 2.0 for new lenses, and another had his as RX glasses. they simply got put aside when lenses got scarce, and "cooler" shapes like aviators and xmetals got released. its nice to see some still in service though!

Back