1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ian Pham

Ian Pham Oakley Beginner

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i just rebuilt an Awire 2.0 fo a customer- very classy glasses! but maybe the style/shape is abit too vanilla for people these days

3. Silent Oz

Silent Oz Oakley Enthusiast

Awire was one of my first pairs, they are really nice but i just never chose to wear them over my other pairs, i think BriP is right there just a bit to vanilla next to x-metals and pit boss etc. i guess most pairs are bought by non collectors who just have 1 pair of sunglasses, most of the ones i see on ebay uk are just labelled 'oakley sunglasses'

BriP likes this.
  4. drews85

drews85 Oakley Beginner

I remember having many friends with these! I rarely see them anymore. I wonder where they all went? maybe a drawer somewhere.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

youre not far off. having run custom works for a short time now, i had one guy bring in his Awire 2.0 for new lenses, and another had his as RX glasses. they simply got put aside when lenses got scarce, and "cooler" shapes like aviators and xmetals got released. its nice to see some still in service though!