• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

When it dries is there a haze or anything? How many coats?
I've never seen anyone actually apply it use this stuff and say it works great lol...

If Oakley lenses are hydrophobic coated then it's terrible, because it doesn't work...

If Oakley lenses are hydrophobic coated then it's terrible, because it doesn't work

Only few Oakley lenses have the hydrophobic coating. I believe most of the later gen X-Metals had it and so did the Elites, and my Flaks had it too.

Uh bro they did! Was on lenses when it was first introduced and now you can buy itView attachment 250384
Wait wait wait !!!

That's Hydrophobic coating...

Dillon uses Olephobic coating, which is completely different...

Oleophobic lenses are less prone to smudging from your face or accidentally touching the lenses, which I find better than standard hydrophobic coating...

Wait wait wait !!!

That's Hydrophobic coating...

Dillon uses Olephobic coating, which is completely different...

Oleophobic lenses are less prone to smudging from your face or accidentally touching the lenses, which I find better than standard hydrophobic coating...
Same principles

image.png

Just realized we're talking about 2 different coatings...

Hydrophobic is not as great for smudging and fingerprints like Dillon's Olephobic...

That bottle dingo posted is the hydrophobic kit. My bad.

I don't think it is...

But if it "is", the Dillon's Oleophobic is much better than Oakley's Hydrophobic, and I'm speaking from clear experience...

When I removed my Violets from my Ti02, I set them aside full of oils and finger smudges...

After I installed the Dillon's, I was like "did I wipe these off already !?!?"

There was zero prints or smudges or oils anywhere in the lens and I installed them with the same fat fingers that I use for every lens swap that I've ever done...

I would be willing to bet my next 14 pay checks that an Oakley lens cannot do that...or Walleva, or Revant or Fuse or any other aftermarket lens...

There is an entire thread dedicated to cleaning your OEM Oakley lenses and no one ever has mentioned that the hydrophobic cleaner (or hydrophobic lens) was the reason why they didn't have to clean them hahaha !!!

You should seriously buy a set and see for yourself...

I'm thinking of buying another set for my Juliets...

Latest Posts

Back