• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley As Safety Glasses

You have it backwards. The 10% black is when they're dark. I believe they clear up to 95% transmission when "clear". There will still be a little tint but I don't think it'd be an issue.

Doesn't surprise me since I was getting my info second hand off of a crappy YouTube video. Couldn't find any official information from Oakley. Thanks for clearing it up. With that said, what percent is a normal black iridium lens?

Doesn't surprise me since I was getting my info second hand off of a crappy YouTube video. Couldn't find any official information from Oakley. Thanks for clearing it up. With that said, what percent is a normal black iridium lens?

Light Transmission:Activated: 10%, Faded: 66%Conditions: Overcast to SunnyProtection Index:Activated: 3, Faded: 1Neutral / Contrast:Neutral

Straight from Oakley.com

Back in the days when I had M-Frames, I used a clear Sweep lens as a safety glass.

But for outside work I've used whatever was at hand. I was fitting a kitchen in my house a number of years ago, cutting work-tops outside with a jigsaw and a circular saw, and used my Plasma/Ice Juliets for eye protection. Practically indestructible! haha

66% is around where Persimmon is. Not all that dark, but I doubt that's clear enough for strict guidelines against tint.

Yeah I was confused by that. Inside they look just like regular clear lenses to me. I'll try to take some pics at work today of the Photochromic lenses next to regular clear.

I use all of mine for safety. For extrication, the M Frame 2.0s are my "go to". None the less, on any call, I've always got a pair handy...just in case

Back