• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley As Safety Glasses

M Frames for me too.

I do motorcycle mechanics in college and hated the safety glasses we got. Bought a pair from Rustpot and wear them all the time when drilling or changing oil, brake fluid etc. (brake fluid isn't a fun thing to get in your eye!) Best investment yet, nice and comfy to wear, good vision and you'll want to wear them.

M Frames for me too.

I do motorcycle mechanics in college and hated the safety glasses we got. Bought a pair from Rustpot and wear them all the time when drilling or changing oil, brake fluid etc. (brake fluid isn't a fun thing to get in your eye!) Best investment yet, nice and comfy to wear, good vision and you'll want to wear them.

That's right; I don't just preach the gospel of M, I convert more followers!

Used the M-Frame, Strike frame and it works wonders. Saved my eyes from some nasty plexiglass debris. I use the Persimmon in mine though.

For those "on the job" that may include flying hazards, I would go with the Ballistic M-Frames for maximum protection, as only those hold the MIL-PRF rating. Check out this thread.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/off-topi...about-eye-protection-especially-shooters.html

The ballistic clip makes it pass those standards because they require the lens to not come free after a strike. If you don't require safety glasses for work that could potentially expose you to repeated strikes like a warzone, I'd say the standard frame is just fine.

Although for all-day comfort I really do like the 3.0 over the standard frames. They're not as nice to use casually, but the oversized Strike lens, the low profile frame with the heavy wrap, and the lack of rubber combine for an outstanding pair. I'd definitely recommend the 2.0 or 3.0 over the Gen3/Ballistic as a dedicated set of safety glasses.

All of this talk... has made me change my mind. I think my trusty good old m-frames will be the contender for college and beyond.

Back