1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Marcus Australia

Marcus Australia Oakley Beginner

1. I've heard that the Asian fit Oakley sunglasses are just the standard ones with a larger nose piece. The frame is the same otherwise. Is that correct?

2. Does anyone know where I can get the Asian fit sunglasses in Australia?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

Not necessarily. It varies from pair to pair eg AF Radars are flatter in general. Newer pairs have a different lens shape of curve for AF. It really depends on what pair you're looking at.

djhyper66 likes this.
  3. starscream

starscream Oakley Beginner

Twoface standard and asian fit have a huge difference in fit. Asian fit is wider, less curved, larger/narrower nosebomb

4. Marcus Australia

Marcus Australia Oakley Beginner

Is there a way to find out which frames are significantly changed for the Asian frame and which just have a larger nose piece?

5. parris

parris Oakley Beginner

I have Asian fit Flaks here's what's different. The frame is a flatter radius when looking from the top, the lenses don't have as much rake. They're more vertical, the bridge is different. I don't remember if its more or less narrow but it is more than larger nose pieces. And the ear pieces are at a different angle.

I think that Oakley may show the differences on their web site for several models as well.

6. starscream

starscream Oakley Beginner

Which one is wider? The flak asian or standard?

7. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

In my experience (not saying this is the case for all frames), the Asian fits have been wider with less wrap around, so flatter.....

8. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

If you're in Australia I doubt you'll have much luck with Asian fit sunglasses. Oakley customer service apparently doesn't offer it- at least for the rep I was emailing- he didn't even know what I meant by Asian fit

cacatman likes this.
  9. Hawaii-5-Jo

Hawaii-5-Jo Oakley Enthusiast

I got both Asian fit and regular PitBull frames. They seem to be both the same just with the Asian fit having bigger nose pads. For this frame the Asian fit actually fits me better

10. Skyler

Skyler Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

My experience has been similar.

Badman--> different frame and lens curve.
    Pit boss2--> bigger nose pad only but not big enough for me.