• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Athletes Who Are Also Collectors?

I was watching a documentary a while back on Mark Cavendish and there was a part in the film about him having a double wide in his office and his girlfriend saying that this was his new thing of collecting special editions. I thought that this was great that not only is he an Oakley sponsored athlete but he has a genuine interest in the products that he is wearing. It's said that he wont endorse anything that he doesn't believe in so think its nice that he's kept his models that he has been given over the years.

MCO-1.jpg

MCO-2.jpg

Has anyone else seen other athletes like this?
Him and his now wife are genuine people it seems, so I think that has a lot to do with it. I believe John Tomac used too but since social media wasn't a thing back then there isn't any public photos. He and Greg Herbold were some of the first to wear the original E-wires and Sub-Zero's as prototypes. I bet Greg Welch has a nice collection, former world class triathlete and current Oakley multisport manager.

Him and his now wife are genuine people it seems, so I think that has a lot to do with it. I believe John Tomac used too but since social media wasn't a thing back then there isn't any public photos. He and Greg Herbold were some of the first to wear the original E-wires and Sub-Zero's as prototypes. I bet Greg Welch has a nice collection, former world class triathlete and current Oakley multisport manager.

Definitely agree, he tells it as he is whether he is happy or not! Forgot about John Tomac, he was another genuine guy. Been watching his son Eli through the motocross ranks and John seems to have done a great job bringing him up.

Best collection without a doubt? The Dingo. He wears Frogskins at all times, indoors, outdoors, nighttime, sunlight, slopes, etc. I've never seen it, but I'm sure he has a ton of pairs for wearing.

Back