• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Badman Prescription.. scratched finish??

jsbr5000

Oakley Beginner
Ohio
I just picked up my brand new pair of Oakley Badmans from my local vision center. I am very particular when it comes to my Oakleys and expect the highest quality. I didn't check them out thoroughly yesterday, but today I noticed scratches on the finish where the arms close. It happened on both sides. I have uploaded a picture. Is this normal? It looks like a design flaw and the arm is scratching the finish.

Thanks!
John

image.jpeg

Yes it is unfortunately normal. As I hear it, Oakley has had complaints about it since the Badman and Madman have been released.

Thanks for the responses. I did some digging and found another thread about the same thing. Apparently they know about the design flaw and won't change it. They will scratch regardless. Just awful how much I paid for these and already I have scratches. Guess I will have to deal with it.

or you return it and get a steal in the www...

paid for mine just 175 shipped :cool-20:
so i can live with that!!!

Thank you.. So, what are my options? Return this pair and buy frames only? Get my prescription lenses made elsewhere?

Oakley will make Rx lenses for Oakley frames no matter where you bought them.
If you are lucky enough to live near an Oakley Store, I would ask the optician there to order Oakley Rx lenses for you.
If you have trouble finding an optician willing to order Oakley Rx lenses for your frames, you might try contacting one of Oakley's authorized online prescription dealers. Some of them are listed in this thread:
Oakley RX (Prescription) Options

Latest Posts

Back