• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Black Double Wide Lighting Parts needed assistance on where to find or how to convert LED

Thats awesome. From looking at your pictures, did you replace the top and bottom light drop pans with new ones or just paint them? Looks like you painted the cabinet over and lastly what LED light set did you get that looked like blades. Those are sweet. Not sure I want to go as full blown as you did on the remote via internet and motion. But the remote switch connection is a definite along with adjustable levels and such.
It was all repainted, bottom pan and top inside in silver to reflect as much light as possible. Outside was a hammer finish black. The blade lights I found on Ebay about $30 for the set. I wanted to get some more but could not find them or the seller.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I was curious if you did a sand and spray or dip. How it was done. Gives me something to shoot for.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I was curious if you did a sand and spray or dip. How it was done. Gives me something to shoot for.
Complete disassemble, prepped one part at a time. Minor body work, sand, prime and spray. Finish was 2 light coats followed with a medium coat to get the hammer finish to work.

I did what Frank recommended above, not one component or wire was salvaged. Here are a few pics, now all LED even the bottom fluorescents are gone.
Most of the components are from superbrightleds.com. 5 lighting zones bottom, top, corners, logo and night light all adjustable, dimmable with web based remote control. It also has motion detection security camera on it with text and phone on intrusion.
I tend to over engineer, over build, and over spend but its a load of fun and keeps me out of jail.

Bottom array of LEDs
IMG_3023_zps9b2b15f5.jpg

Top lights with power supply.
IMG_3015_zps11f5e3ac.jpg

Top light from bottom, looks like a blade.
IMG_3019_zps20158ade.jpg

Logo light.
IMG_2952_zps7c9cd731.jpg

Controllers for each zone with cabinet lighting on both shelves.
IMG_3026_zps93817583.jpg

Completed case. Corner LEDs, night light on Elite O.
Oakleycase_zps88fd6f18.jpg
HOLY SMOKES! That is just AWESOME!

Latest Posts

Back