• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Blender Ghost Text Chrome, and Gold Frame.

abc

Oakley Beginner
wow, anyone have the history on these two frames, were they limited release?

they aren't fake ,are they? I saw more than one site sell them for "30$". but I see them selling on ebay for 95-100+$.

Didn't come across them until last night, and I like them.

I think they are pretty timeless in style... nothing gaudy with the lens shape, I like the o-matter arms, like the Xmetal generation... substantial arms.

the tattoo text is pretty cool.. where have i been.

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today?? | Page 2781 | Oakley Forum

Are you refer to the Oakley Blender? Your title says Taper.

The Blender started out as an Rx pair and transitioned over to a sunglass. The two text frames were standard colorways and not limited. The were both on the Vault site a couple of years ago and still pop up from time to time.

Question, are the arms of the ghost text chrome... meant to be METAL arms or, plastic.

I got my hands on a chrome, and the arms are plastic.

I shot an email to a seller on ebay who sells a GOLD frame... and he says it is METAL.

so either the gold is metal but the chrome is plastic? Or something is wrong here.

Anyone know the right answer?

Thanks.

The earstems on a Blender are O Matter, not metal, hence the name Blender. It a blend of O Matter and a wire frame and they are all made the same. If it's a full metal frame, then it's not a Blender and some other model.

wow, thank you. i thought the o matter was the name of the earstem style... which is the same earstem jagged arm or staggered arm style as the XX metal... which is entirely metal, I own two of them, and Ithought those were called o Matter style ear stems.

I contacted an ebay seller about a specific Blender, asking if the earstems are plastic or metal, they replied that it is metal. SIGH!...