1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

By OakleyBoss on 2/14/16 at 5:35 PM
  1. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Oakley's are one of the most popular brands in the world. However their recent surge in popularity has made it difficult to find rare and sought out pairs, or even to simply save a few bucks on current pairs. In this guide, we will show you where to find that sold out pair of Juliet's, how to save up to 70% on current pairs, and where you can sell those old Gascans on your shelf!

Where can I buy rare Oakley's, or save on current pairs?

This section is dedicated to finding you those sold out Juliet's and saving you $$$ on your next pair of current Oakleys. Most first time Oakley purchasers assume their only option to grab a new pair of Gascans is from Oakley.com or to stroll into a SunglassHut location, paying full retail. Not true! Thanks to the internet their are tons of opportunities to save up to 70% on current Oakley models. Lets talk about them:

Buying: Oakley Vault Stores

Oakley Vault's are outlets where Oakley unloads merchandise that is out of season, over stocked, etc. As has been discussed on this site before (oakleyvault.com SELLING ORIGINAL OR FAKE? | Oakley Forum), they are 100% legitimate and selling real Oakley products. In addition, Oakley Vault locations have

been known to carry rare, discontinued Oakley models such as Ichiro Radars, Juliets, etc., so stop in and take a look.

Pros:

• Up to 70% off Oakley Sunglasses, Merchandise etc.
    • Owned, operated and sold by Oakley Inc.

Cons:

• Limited inventory of models mean they sell out relatively quickly
    • Limited options in terms of models, colors, lenses etc.

Here is an example:

These Oakley Team USA Polarized Half Jackets are selling for over 50% off retail. They key to Oakley Vaults are you have to check often, since their is usually limited supply.

Oakley Buying Guide: Where to Buy, Sell, Trade everything Oakley - yse2.jpg

Buying/Selling: eBay.com

eBay is one of the first websites people think of for finding Oakleys, but their are pro's and con's of using this huge auction site. You are more than likely to find any pair you are looking for on eBay, the issue is, especially with rare, sold out, discontinued pairs, they are usually way overpriced! Because of eBay's "Buy It Now" option, many sellers, simply list a pair of Oakley's from their collection for 2 or 3 times market value to see if anyone is willing to bite. Remember, just because someone is offering a pair for one price, does not mean that is how much they are worth. Always try to find how much similar pairs have sold for in the past.

For members looking for current Oakley models, such as Gascan's, Half Jackets, Radar's etc., eBay can hold some decent discounts. You can often find Oakley's for 10-20% off retail on eBay, however always check the sellers feedback, and be extremely cautious. In recent years, we have seen a large increase in the amount of counterfeit's on auction sites like eBay.

eBay also allows members to sell any Oakley's they may have laying around. The appeal of eBay is they have an extremely large user base, so you have a good shot at finding a buyer for just about anything, assuming they are reasonably priced. The downside: eBay takes a hefty percentage of your proceeds, and you never know who may be on the other side of your transaction.

Pros:

• Large user base of Buyers/Sellers
    • Selection of Current, Discontinued and Sold out Models

Cons:

• eBay fee's can take a large amount of proceeds
    • Sellers often mark up items for much higher than fair value
    • Anyone can attempt to sell an item, beware of scammers

Buying/Selling/Trading: Craigslist.com

Craigslist is the largest online classifieds in the world, and though usually saturated with scams, or counterfeit Oakley's, they are also an great place to look for limited edition Oakley's or large pieces such as display cases, since these usually can't be shipped.

Pros:

• Local marketplace, all items are close by
    • Great for finding items which can't be shipped(i.e Display Cases)
    • Allows you to trade items with other collectors

Cons:

• No protection whatsoever, meeting buyers/sellers in person can be risky
    • Limited selection since items are only in your immediate area
    • Very saturated with scams, counterfeit goods

Buying/Selling/Trading: OakleyForum.com Exchange Areas

We may be a little bias here, but because of the amazing community of Oakley collectors, our exchange areas have become one of the best resources for finding any pair of Oakley's you are looking for. Because our community includes some of the largest collectors in the world, you are more likely to find extremely rare pairs such as Medusa's, Flores Gascans etc. here than anywhere else. Most of our members are in tune with market prices and are willing to negotiate, but you better act quick. Since many pairs are priced to move, it isn't unusual for listings to last less than an hour.

Our exchange areas also allow members to sell and trade items. Members can indicate their preference by selecting the appropriate thread prefix. One of the biggest advantages for sellers is the ability to post an item for sale or trade without having to pay any fee's upfront.

In order to fully access our exchange areas you must be a member for at least 15 days and have at least 14 posts, or be a Premium Member. These measures are to ensure that only active members of our community participate in these areas.

Feel free to browse through all our exchange areas below:

Oakley Sunglasses Exchange | Oakley Forum
    Oakley X-Metal Exchange | Oakley Forum
    Oakley Frogskins Exchange | Oakley Forum
    Misc. Oakley Exchange | Oakley Forum

Pros:
    • Find extremely limited, rare and sought after models in addition to current releases
    • Feedback system and minimum requirements reduce risk
    • Ability to buy, sell and trade any Oakley product
    • Relatively fair market prices

Cons:

• Must rely on PayPal protection for transactions
    • Transactions are performed through Private Messages

Hopefully you found this guide to be extremely useful. If you have any other tips or ideas for places to purchase Oakley items, please feel free to share in the comments.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
Sub-Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Oakley Sunglasses Discussion' started by OakleyBoss, 2/14/16.

1. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

@OakleyBoss, while the Oakley Vault stores exist, the website has been decommissioned. You get redirected to the sales page on Oakley.com.

MarlinMOB likes this.
    2. OakleyBoss

Thanks - Copied it over from the blogs - just made the update!

QLR1 likes this.
    3. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I don't know how Oakley staff would feel about this, but I'd almost want to throw up a boldface statement saying you should hardly ever have to pay retail for a pair. F&F comes like 3 times a year. eBay + forum input can possibly save you hundreds.

It's not really news because all of retail is pushing so competitively these days, to the point it's a bit silly to get things at retail unless you really like it, getting a gift, or it's limited. Don't get me wrong, though. There was a great post on this forum (in the Oakley clothing thread, I think) on how hard it is to make a profitable clothing brand, and so I don't quite sit well when a consumer says "oh this should only cost x dollars". But I mean these bigger brands and retailers, like Nike and Macy's, drop prices by as much as 60% so much sooner than later (3-4 months) that it's really goofy if you swallow full price.

Last edited: 2/14/16
      OakleyBoss likes this.
    4. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Great guide for new folks just getting into the hobby.

Fernando and OakleyBoss like this.
    5. OakleyBoss

Yeah I know what you mean, I've done it and still do, but it's still tough to explain to friends & family. Chances are trying to explain how you can get any generic pair of less than retail on OF or eBay will just result in them buying a counterfeit for $30 and blaming you. Just one of the perks of being in the know. ;)

Ventruck likes this.
    6. Fernando

Fernando Oakley Expert Premium Member

Good work boss :)

a good help for all of us who love this world...

7. MarlinMOB

MarlinMOB Oakley Beginner

Sad the vault stores online shop closed. I picked up so many good deals on that site, especially around black Friday sales. I hope Oakley has some similar black Friday sales coming up. Has anyone purchased off of 6pm.com? I sometimes see Oakley deals on there starting as low as $40.

8. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

This question gets asked by the newbies all the time :)

I've bought from 6pm.com several times. I've had no problems with the merchandise. BNIB and everything.

Several of us have bought from the site and I haven't heard any complaints about the site.

Sent from Q's Note5

9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Somebody complained once.......ONCE.

Then they were never heard from again .....:hi: