1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. G. Christopher Lyn

G. Christopher Lyn Oakley Beginner

Anyone own these two glasses? Are the Conductors just updated C-Wire frames? I broke my C-wire and looking for a replacement. The Conductor 8 looks similar. I went to my local Oakley Vault, but they did not have any for me to try on.

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I don't own Conductor, but the previous two versions of C Wire.
    The New C has a unique style hinge and more stylish ear stems than the Conductor.
    The Conductor has a "split" frame (separate orbital wire frames, attached to the wire frame at the brow), whereas the New C is a single wire orbital attached to the nose bridge.
    The Conductor orbitals appear more square-ish than the New C.
    FWIW, I find the New C very comfortable (especially with the gel-pad nose bombs), and I use it primarily as driving glasses for hours on end.
    It is my understanding that the New C is USA made, as opposed to Conductor which is an offshore product, if that's a consideration.
    Of course, the Gen. 1 C Wires are entirely different...
    Hope this helps.

3. G. Christopher Lyn

G. Christopher Lyn Oakley Beginner

Hmmm interesting, thanks. Are the C wires discontinued? Could not find them on the Oakley site...I know ebay has some though.

I really like the hinge and arms of the C wires though