• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley/California/Cancer???

Prop 65 predates "normalized" or "mainstreamed" tree hugging as it would be identified today as it was passed in 1986 (at a time when such efforts were considered revolutionary and more in the realm of the aging hippie movement that held on in the SF Bay Area and rural bastions to the north such as Mendocino and Humboldt) by an unusually large margin of nearly 2-1. That said it's taken nearly 20 years as part of the built in phase in to get such warnings posted and everything that applies labeled. And as some have noted, it's a broad list- while removals and additions happen periodically, the list covered under Prop 65 as always hovered around the 1,000 mark- and its inclusion by Oakley is of no surprise given what they manufacture. While the politics around 65 are controversial and it's effectiveness non-quantifiable, I've always approached such from the perspective of being informed of such never hurt anyone especially when one considers very few are going to see such a label/warning and NOT buy a product.

Prop 65 predates "normalized" or "mainstreamed" tree hugging as it would be identified today as it was passed in 1986 (at a time when such efforts were considered revolutionary and more in the realm of the aging hippie movement that held on in the SF Bay Area and rural bastions to the north such as Mendocino and Humboldt) by an unusually large margin of nearly 2-1. That said it's taken nearly 20 years as part of the built in phase in to get such warnings posted and everything that applies labeled. And as some have noted, it's a broad list- while removals and additions happen periodically, the list covered under Prop 65 as always hovered around the 1,000 mark- and its inclusion by Oakley is of no surprise given what they manufacture. While the politics around 65 are controversial and it's effectiveness non-quantifiable, I've always approached such from the perspective of being informed of such never hurt anyone especially when one considers very few are going to see such a label/warning and NOT buy a product.
I have no idea what this post is about, but i completely agree
;)

California puts that warning on damn near everything, as remote a connection as it may have to a carcinogen.

Back